1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

maps for power commander

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by AFNurse, Jul 14, 2004.

1. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I have the Big ness Air Filter, and have a pair of Samson Rolled Thunder oval pipes......next buy will be the power commander for my 2004 E-Glide Standard. I was looking at all the maps available and found 2 that I think are close...... which one is closer? 1)Samson rolled oval slip-ons, Stock ECM and Screamin Eagle air filter or 2) Samson rolled oval slip-ons, Stage 1 ECM and Screamin Eagle air filter?? or is there another one that I missed?? Thanks in advance!!
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

do you have the stage 1 ecm burn If so use that map, if not and the ecm is stock use the other and get it on the bike quickly as you have leaned out the motor past what the ecm can handle.
  3. AFNurse

Thanks! Actually, only thing actually done so far is the air filter.....no ecm thing done that "I" know of, and I drove the bike off the shop floor.....The pipes are in the mail, surface to APO in Germany, so that will be another 3-6 weeks.....I will be saving my pennies for the power commander and will get that BEFORE I put on the pipes. I just needed to know if I was reading things right and also, if the SE air filter is approx the same as the Big Sucker as far as mapping.....If I do all this fall, maybe next spring will turn in to the Lugwigshoffen Germany HD shop as they are also a Power Commander authorized site and have the bike dyno tested for best results! :D
  4. AFNurse

:rolleyes: Not sure how I got that rip roaring highspeed thingy going on my header.....I tend to be a newby as far as mechanics go......nursing no prob, mech, big problem, but learning! I ordered a power Commander IIIr (not the USB, price was right). What is the differance in changing the mapping between the r and the usb? (harder? more steps? just different?)? hoping that it will come in before the pipes, gives me a chance to figure out how to put it on BEFORE the pipes!! Thanks! :confused: :D