1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Mean City Cycles

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by Fatboy128, May 23, 2012.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Got the call yesterday, Allen finished my seat 2 days early. Seat should be delivered to the house on Tuesday (my request otherwise I'd have it by this Saturday but I'm still in the sauna, AZ to some). I can't wait to put my butt into it. I'll follow-up in a week or so.
    Service was great. Allen kept in touch and was responsive to my inquiries.
    :)
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here there up to there word on your seat , enjoy the sauna ;-) be fore you have to go suffer back in Yankee land lol
  3. Fatboy128

Yeah man, 108f for the past few days and yesterday 112f. Humidity in the single digits. Dry heat or not its efin hot man!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  4. Fatboy128

Got back to Yankee land and the re-seat was here.
    See photos. Close up is of the original seam that cuts into butt on long hot days in the saddle. Second is of the finished seat.
    Craftsmanship looks very good! I haven't gotten to ride it yet but just having those raised seams on
    the old center section gone garrantees my butt will be fine. In addition to having the center section replaced,
    I opted for the gel pad installation. Notice the side panels are the stock ones. I wanted them kept.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Very Nice Fatboy128!! :cool:
  6. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Came out looking good, hope you can resolve the problem with the new pressure point your feeling. I guess there isn't a break in period on it since they did not do any foam work like on mine.
  7. Fatboy128

I contacted Allen and he's going to modify the seat in the hopes of making it work for me. I'm sending the seat today.
  8. Fatboy128

OK so get this for customer service; I sent my seat back to Mean City Cycles, they probably received it late last week. They were going to modify the tail bone area for my tail bone (remove pressure point). I got the seat back today! One week turn-around! Outstanding!!!) Since I'm on the road in the cage with the wife and 2 grankids for a week I won't have a chance to try I out until late next week at the earliest. More to come...

9. cowboy

Now that sounds like a good out fit to work with ya that fast
  10. Fatboy128

Yes sir! :)

11. Fatboy128

OK, here is the last report for the Mean City Seat Modification I had done.
    I sent the seat in to Mean City in order to have them modify the back section of the rider saddle. The returned the seat very quickly and covered the modification under warranty. I was getting a pressure point on my tailbone that was awful. Allen of Mean City modified the seat in that area. After a long hot and humid ride the verdict is in; The Seat is Great Now! Even in over 90 f and 90 % humidity, I spent an entire day and over 400 miles in the saddle. I am pleased with Mean City and they're responsiveness.
  12. cowboy

1+ good deal on mean seat