1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Meet and Greet in Kansas

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by badinfluence63, Nov 18, 2012.

?

Would you attend a meet and greet in Kansas

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. popeye

popeye Active Member

I'd like to meet up some time. My time is a bit limited, but if the timing is right I'm in.
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Being as I live in New Hampshire I'm for meeting but I would only be in if the meet distance was fairly distributed. So I guess I'm done. I did learn alot from this experience though.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Kansas is right next to Colorado they even touch one another. Plus much better riding. I'd go to Colorado, just not Denver. Lots of Harley rentals in Colorado so you wouldn't have to ride out.
  4. badinfluence63

I'm heading to Alaska in 2014 so perhaps I'll be able to connect enroute if my route passes near anyone.
  5. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

No need to throw in the towel. South Dakota is still pretty much in the center, and has great riding in the Black Hills. Does not need to be in Sturgis either if riding together is the goal. Sturgis is a zoo in August and would lose the group quickly. Anybody with other suggestions?
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'd go back to Kansas. I was really impressed with the northern part of the state - haven't seen much of the rest. I liked the roads, the people, and the natural beauty. But you do have to stay off the interstate to enjoy it, IMHO. I'll never forget riding through the miles of sunflowers - was surreal, like a scene from The Wizard Of Oz.

Another nice thing about Kansas is the getting there. Lots of different routes that can be taken. I'd think if someone didn't like Kansas, they could still enjoy the ride there and back. Riding isn't all that much about the destination, is it?

:cheers:
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I will be in the Black Hills, staying in Rapid City, August 2-6, if anyone wants to meet up.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to the 110 Harley anniversary party end of August and beginning of Sept. got my room already at the Downtown Hilton. Maddog, myself and a friend from AZ are going. We plan on doing lots of traveling on back roads to there and back. Don't think we will go through Kansas. Would like to do the black hills on the way back then through parts of Montana and play it by ear from there.
    Red does have a good point about the destination there and back.
  9. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

The downtown Hilton is nice, wife and I stayed there last winter when we went to the HD museum which is only a couple blocks away.
  10. badinfluence63

I was leaving 2013 open for any possible suare and in combination with saving leave and $$ for 2014 ride.

And Sturgis is not in the center. Its extra for the Florida and southeast riders. As well any southwest riders. Nor is Colorado.

I'm not knocking those who like to be seen and mingle with large a populace
    but it has already been voted on not to have the get together same time as a rally. I guess another determinant is what a ride expectation is for riders.

Having personally criss crossed Kansas thru out my life, while some consider it boring, others perfect riding. Depending what an individula considers criteria. In Kansas the roads are straight and good. There are historical things to see and do. It has been my experience that the road less traveled often opens up the better opportunities for adventure. For sure not jockeying for space on the road with God knows who or what.

So I don't know?:wtf:
  11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I know this is an old original post, but I think we should have a meet in Concordia KS. I could get new handlebars at California Phil's then! Any takers? Just need a date.
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Damn Bro, you are digging way back! I would meet up with you but my bike is still in pieces plus with my sponsoring a race track, time is hard to come by.