1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Memories

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 6, 2007.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea out here if you get stuck behind a school bus they do Literally stop it seems every 30 feet. I hate the darn things and then you wait longer as the bus can't go until the little buggers sit down. :rant:
    I always make sure to leave at a certain time in the morning because if I wait until the time when the school buses come by your screwed. However when on the bike there are certain spots where I can blow on by them. :)
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

one thing tho....them little lasses grow up to be centerfolds and pole dancers!!!:roflmao:
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I take it you don't have any daughters Chuck.:roflmao:
  4. harleydave51

harleydave51 New Member

i'm older than dirt.
  5. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

Anybody remember Tab Cola, I had a P/U with a cassette player in it and my son says, " Dad, what is a cassette." Good thing I didn't tell him about Gene Tracy truckstop jokes on an 8-Track.My Dad, God rest his soul, was a lineman and he had a phone that he would use to call if we needed to call somebody that had a phone. He would strap on his gaffes and his linebelt and go straight up that pole, connect two alligator clips and say screw Ma Bell.:D We had a B/W TV and if the wind blew too hard, one of us had to go outside and turn th antenna until somebody hollered stop. If you wanted to watch a different channel( we had 4) you have to repostion the antenna. Man we had fun back then. Didn't need anything but a ball and glove, a bycycle or a fishing pole.:)
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

speaking of 8 track players, i remember seeing a 4 track once....the case was similar to an 8 track, but the mechanics of the 4 track was open to see....didnt have a cover on it......anybody ever hear the "reverb" units that used to be in cars for a "concert hall effect"? hit a bump and the thing would make a loud thunder like noise.....other than that is just sounded echoie!!!:)
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Chuck, I had almost forgotten about the reverb sound. I had a 54 Buick (really nice shape) that had a reverb unit in it. That was a really cool sound. Left the car with my older brother when I went to Vietnam and that was the last time I saw it. He parked that cherry Buick at his father in laws farm and the old SOB buried it in a hole because he was tired of it setting around. Still pissed at the both of em to this day for that. That sure was a cool sound though, wonder if they are still around.