1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Michelin Commander II's

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 18, 2013.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I liked the dunlops at 1st.
    Thy wear fast and become flat in the center too fast. I like a round tire.
    If nobody here can make it. I will git one that's made else where.

Lot of your car companies has started putting michliens on the upper made trucks and all,
    I have some Michliens that have been on my 1ton diesel van since 03,
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

+ 1. Great tires. Hands down Home Run. I buy the Dunlop American Elites. Same construction as the OEM S.E.s IMHO
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Guys a very agressive rider and we do get a lot of wet roads here.
  4. FLHTbiker

I'm sticking with Dunlop to, great tire. :D
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Well, maybe it's the road surface itself:confused:I don't ride overly aggressive in the rain,'cause crashin' sucks,but I don't like to candy azz it either...The roads I ride mostly to work does hold water,but the E3's handled much better than the Michelins at the same mileage...
  6. FLHTbiker

Hey I'm very happy with my Dunlop's that came on my 2012 and won't be switching to another brand either. I've also heard very good things about the E3's. Used to run the E2 Dunlop's and liked them to.
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Yeah...they must be a pretty good tire,I hear that a lot,unfortunately they don't have that tire for us guys with the 16" wheels...got a little road trip around New Brunswick and PEI coming up and I'll do it with the Michelins, I'll have my better half with me,so if the weather turns bad,I'll candy azz it for a bit then pull in somewhere,she's a trooper and wouldn't say anything ,but I know she doesn't like putting in a whole day in chitty weather...but she does like touring winery's:cool: lol
  8. FLHTbiker

Maddog and I are doing a 2-3 week road trip at the end of this month. Heading to Montana, South Dakota, Idaho, maybe Utah, and over to Calif. (god forbid Ugh hate Calif.

But have a good trip