1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Minnesota Scenic Road Tour

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 29, 2015.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Today was a good day on the bike. Over 230 miles of riding on back roads, just in the area of Grand Rapids. The map highlighted in yellow are the roads that we took minus a couple of them. If I had to rate these roads as a complete system, I would give the system a score of 7.5 out of 10 stars.

uploadfromtaptalk1435786018690.jpg Highway 38 south SUCKED!
  2. JohnnyBiker

So after we got back from our ride, we kicked back in our rooms for a bit then decided to walk right next door to the local Eagles club and have some barley pop. All was going well. I stepped outside to have a smoke and I saw this really nice F250 with a really nice set of wheels on it. I started to check it out. While looking at it moved towards the drivers side and as I came around, I saw a person laying on the blacktop, not moving. I rushed up to the person to see if the person was hurt, and as I got closer I saw blood. I got next to the person squated down to see if she was conscious. She was, but was hurt. I had someone call an ambulance while I kept talking to her to keep her alert. During this time, a person that saw this going on from the road, stopped to assist. He said he was EMT. Together we worked as a team to keep her immobile and to control the scene keeping on lookers back. Hot Rider noticed something was wrong, she came outside and assisted as well. The ambulance arrived and we assisted the paramedic's with keeping the lady calm. I hope she will be ok.
  3. JohnnyBiker

My bike got 37 mpg yesterday so I was a little happier with that. Still am going to down tick the jetting one each. Whe riding on MN 38 south (which is the absolute WORST ROAD I have ever ridden on) I came up to a bump sign, closed the throttle, down shifted, went over the bump and my handle bars came closer to me. Not fun! After that, the riding was done for the day for me. Lol
  4. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Dang...wonder what that was all about. Doesn't sound good......
  5. JohnnyBiker

Her and her lady companion were out boozing. She got out of her car for some reason and then fell.
  6. JohnnyBiker

Today we start for home. When we head out, we will be heading south east on U.S. 2 to Duluth and Superior. We are going to eat a place that was featured on the Food Networks Diners Drive Ins and Dives called the Anchor Inn. Went there with Ultra2009 a few years ago. Great place to chill.
  7. JohnnyBiker

At the Anchor Inn in Superior WI. uploadfromtaptalk1435855733198.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435855749261.jpg
  8. JohnnyBiker

Kind of cool. We took a rout where Jesse (Ultra2009) was working his dozer. He knew we were heading that way so he was standing on the track of the dozer and gave a huge wave as we passed by as we were on our way to Solon Springs to go see some family at the cemetary. From there, to Hudson WI. 255 miles for the day.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  9. JohnnyBiker

Yesterday we finished our ride and it by far was the most mileage day of them all. From Hudson WI we headed south on WI 35 which is by far the best stretch of WI 35. One funny thing that did happen is this. I happened to notice an eagle flying. I took a look, then my eyes were back on the road, then all of a sudden it swooped down at me almost hitting me. Its legs were like 3 inches from my face.

I am glad I had a fresh change of underwear. Stopped in a town called Maiden Rock Wisconsin, had a beer to collect myself a bit, the back to LaCrosse from there, and without further bird attackings as well. Lol

400 miles on the final day.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  10. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Glad you had a great ride. It is hard working watching all those bikes go by, and even harder when you know the riders. I was jealous. I use Klotz octane booster in every tank full now. Works good is also a fuel stabilizer and people riding behind love the smell.
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  11. JohnnyBiker

Yeah it was a really good ride. Ready for another one soon. Maybe a good Labor day weekend ride. Hopefully by then I will have a GPS with trip planner by then?
  12. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

And a photographer to record some sights? LOL! Glad you all had fun and made it back safe.
  13. JohnnyBiker

There wasn't breath taking scenery just a lot of twisty roads that followed rivers and so forth, going between lakes, stuff like that. Riding those roads in the fall when the color is in full force, those would be optimal.
    Roadster guy likes this.
  14. Roadster guy

Yep, and if it is that fun to ride the twisties, the last thing you feel like doing is pulling over and losing the moment. Those kind of roads are to be enjoyed with momentum, not stopping every few miles because someone wants to snap something. I hear you loud and clear on that one.
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  15. JohnnyBiker

Here's a pic of my dad, Hot Rider and myself in Grand Rapids Minnesota. This was taken right before I found the lady on the ground.

uploadfromtaptalk1436360302008.jpg
  16. Roadster guy

Looks like some empty tattoo space available on that right forearm...
  17. JohnnyBiker

Yep. Eventually that will be occupied.;)