1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My baby's here

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

OK, now I have to think about it. But first I need to find a blank insert. Got any bright ideas on that?
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I mean "good advice".:D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

you mentioned a few items....which one are you refering to?? i may have it on the wall or in a box someplace.....or access to them......
  4. chucktx

if you have it/them could you post a pic?? or send it to my email??
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm not sure what I want yet. I was thinking of an etching on a plain chrome insert. I'd probably try to find a simple points cover too. I'm thinking about pinstriping too. Again, something simple but sharp. I have this really cool tribal design shift linkage. I had bought it to go with my former paint job. I should see if I can find a photo of it online.
  6. chucktx

which insert are you refering to?? the aircleaner, point cover, ????? i may have what you need or someone on the board may have what you are looking for.
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Yes. The air cleaner insert - that round thing that goes in the middle of the air cleaner cover. Also the points cover. Both of them need to change. I'm on a new computer or I'd have about 3,000 photos of them. Maybe I can find something on my blog.