1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My brothers 01 Roadking

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 5, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Pulled the carb of and the boot was not torn but was pushed in a one side. Took a pic maybe you can spot it. Stopped most of the Hic Ups but not all. Course the temps are down in the 50's. Head light is back on and the front breaks are now working very well after rebuilding the master cylinder. You probably can't see much on the side bag on the inside but the right inside corner has bondo in it and it is tweaked. Got the lid to stay close now when latched.
    I would really like to rebuild the carb with Kens kit if he is going to keep the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That's a good looking dark Blue , Is the s bag repair where he went down & they fixed it ? & yes you can see the ring out of round bet it leaked a bit
  3. FLHTbiker

It caughed real bad before now just a little. Carb needs to be rebuilt and rejetted. Told him if he is going to keep it let's rebuild it otherwise leave it alone.
    Side bag repair was when he went down.
  4. FLHTbiker

Bike is all done as far as I can go with it for now. Did adjust the A/F mixture screw out another 1/4 of a turn and it's out to 3 turns now. Engine runs pretty good now that the choke and the RPM's are adjusted correctly.
    Don't like the box he put on the back as the luggage rack on it is so far forward that it will hit the passenger in the back. The side bag latch is working better now. Some one had taken and replaced the latch screws with longer ones which caused the screws to push up against the bag and the handle would flip back up when riding it. Pulled the screws out, cut em shorter and re-installed em, works perfect now. Wonder what they put in Pig Spit sure does make the motor area look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is nice looking bike minus the trunk....
  6. FLHTbiker

You can probably pick it up for about 8,500, only has 17,000 on it.
    Pipes on it are the real SE Mufflers.
  7. JohnnyBiker

No thanks, won't buy a bike that has been laid down......
  8. FLHTbiker

Understand, I wouldn't either :) However the only thing that needs more fixing is the side bag and its not all that bad. Got it working now. The scraps on it have been repainted. If yea, could get one for a good price would be OK. The title is still clean. But I do understand.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good thing ya don't think that way about wimmen....:p:p

I don't see a problem if it's been taken care of...

Save a ton of green and start a project.

Did it ever have the cam bearings replaced? What about tensioners.

Just wondered as the 99's had the bad back cam bearing (wrong type)
  10. JohnnyBiker

I will say this, if things go completely wrong and I can't get my Road Glide, I will consider this closer. This thing for daughter down in Orlando is costing me a lot of coin and its coming out of my down payment account for my Road Glide...:rant: Please keep us up to date on this bike??
  11. FLHTbiker

Yep the cam bearings were fixed. The bike has 17,000 on it so doubt the tensioners are bad but worth looking at. That would be the first cover I would pull and check. Told my brother it should be checked. Sure wished HD had not plugged up the inspection hole.
    I did adjust the primary chain tensioner, was not to bad.

One of the first things I would replace on it is the bars, I hate those stock Roadking bars.
  12. FLHTbiker

It's called priorities and family always comes first. Even if you have to put off on a new bike for a year or two.
    However if you don't dump a lot of money into the sporster that would give you more money towards a new bike. The Sporty could always be upgraded later. Just a thought.
  13. JohnnyBiker

Doesn't mean I have to happy about it...:rolleyes:
  14. FLHTbiker

No you don't. I can remember a whole lot of times of having to make sacrifices when the kids were young. Heck I didn't even get my first Harley until after my child support was finished. I had to ride used and inexpensive Japanese bikes until then. You'll get there just keep the faith. :)
  15. cowboy

Oh been there , more then once not easy but had to be done at The time family first
  16. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Buying a new Harley is one of the nicest things a guy can do for himself. It's a big expense, and the family priorities are first and foremost. But when the time comes, it feels like a reward for having to endure all of life's let-downs.
  17. FLHTbiker

I know I sure appreciated my first Harley and everyone sense then.

Was going to ride my brothers Roadking today was dry and could not get that dang choke knob to stay pulled out. Pulled it off and yep cracked. Rode my Springer to the dealer and 12.99 for a new one, works fine now. Started raining so won't take it out, just finished cleaning it yesterday. :rolleyes:
  18. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Its cool when you can put off something you want in order to put your family first and not regret it .... what it really means is you are lucky! :)
  19. JohnnyBiker

I agree. I would rather see my daughter get the things that she wants before me. I will survive. :D

I just have a feeling that things are going to go well for her when she goes down to Orlando. Now it is just a thing that I can't wait till it happens...:cool:
  20. cowboy

That's good your thinking like this & beside you don't have to keep up the jones , you can still find a good used bike .& make it yours :)