1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My Cam Tensioners

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Fatboy128, Dec 11, 2013.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Maybe ya need a gee pee ess, ifn' ya don wan no maps...
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

As long as I stay away from the east coast I won't need one.
  3. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

Tweaked my CV carb and a S/E module on my 2000 RK, 95 inch,10.5 pistons, cams, exhaust, air cleaner, 1.725 rockers. Running to lean or rich, not enough or to much timing can cause a lot of heartache. Do your homework and use some common sense as to what you really need and will use/enjoy.
  4. FLHTbiker

Went in and sat down with Mike at Latus Motors. We worked up all the details and prices and and told him its a go. Going to take the jugs off and bore it out because my jugs are seasoned jugs. Sticking with the 211 cams at the advice of Mike Stegman (a builder that is well known across the continent). There is nobody I would trust more than this guy. Doing the upgraded oil pump and tensioner system. They will also look at the jetting. Said there is no need for compression release. We'll see if that holds true.
  5. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

90 hp 94 ftlbs of torque thats a proven combo .with that intake close on that cam the motor wont need the releases. Its a light bike it will run well .211 cams are much more quiet than the 251 cams and pull a little earlier also .they do shine with a little pocket porting ? Might not hurt to talk to mike about a little clean up and a killer 3 angle valve job pretty cheap to have that done while its apart under 300 bucks and worth every penny. It will be much better for sure either way .good luck and enjoy your new found torque!.
    CGWFMST likes this.
  6. CGWFMST

CGWFMST Member

I really think they have enhanced the bikes dramatically.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  7. CGWFMST

CGWFMST Member

Who would sell the best "kit" for the 95 W/211 cams & is that including heads or back W/stock?
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Is your bike a stock 88?

I believe you can have the cylinders bored out to 95
    And get the stock heads and intake cleaned up

Contact Kirby at vTwin performance he is a member here
    And has done a couple of friends engines very good work

http://veetwinperformance.com/
  9. FLHTbiker

Mine was done by Mike Stegman and the cylinders were bored. I know he used all Harley parts when he did the job on it. Been very happy with it and the performance. Those V&H fishtail mufflers get a bit loud at times but the performance is excellent.