1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My Springer by Y2KHD

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Y2KHD, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Re: Welcome Y2KHD to Bike Talk

Thanks Johnny for the info. Yes, I downloaded a free program called Image Magic cause
    I hadn't done that before. I always found myself taking the high intensity pics to that I
    could always blow them up to say 8 x 10 's. So I did that, and I followed I thought his
    directions, but it still didn't post like I thought it would, but just stayed an attachment.
    Oh well, thanks for the assist again. Thanks to FLHTbiker for making it come out right!!
  2. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Thank you so much for fixing everything. This computer stuff maybe more than an old
    man can master. Anyway, I'm not sure which brand name of mufflers they are, but it
    is so loud it sounds like baffles might be gone. Guy, I bought it from mentioned some name of some high priced muffler system, but if I heard the name I might recall. I do
    love the sound of this bike. Even my wife thinks it sounds so cool, and she's not easily
    impressed. You definitely can hear it coming from a quite a distance off. Thanks again
    for your great assistance.
  3. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

One more thing my bike I think is the same color as yours, but I would have preferred
    your gas tank paint pattern instead of mine, as mine seems to have too much green on
    it and not enough eye contrast for me, but oh well, I'm lucky to have any bike and I do
    still like the old world look to the HD's rather than the new stylish looks they keep drifting
    towards. I feel like such a'n idiot trying to figure out whether I'm posting or replying in
    the right spot on this site.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I believe they call that color of paint Suede Green. I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me.
    We are still in the welcome forum and need to move it to the community discussion.
    Here are a couple pics of my bike. I changed the seat a couple of times and now have a Mustang seat on it. Mufflers were changed from Harley mufflers to Vance & Hines and they to can get loud but sound very good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365221642.450084.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365221692.180201.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365222445.888643.jpg
  5. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

My Springer Y2KHD

Yes, Vance & Hines that is what allegedly I have as the exhaust system. Nice pics of
    your bike. Yes, I wasn't that hot on this color at first, but it too has grown on me. I
    thought I would have chosen one of these flashy hot HD colors, but this one is more like
    my personality anyway.
  6. FLHTbiker

Wow, can't believe I did it Ken. Merged them all together in a new thread for Y2KHD. :)
  7. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Thank you again for all your help. I hope one day to figure out where I should be on this site.
  8. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

FLHTbiker:

I just heard from another biker source that the Bright Ass Lights Co. said they may have
    other products like a type of assembly that will work for us with older bikes and "tombstone shaped" taillights and should be available sometime in August this year.
    Also I was wondering what you thought if I was considering mounting a front fender
    ornament the lighted eagle if it was proportional to the setting. And I wondered what you
    thought if that would look to "cheesy" or diminish the old world look of the Springer model??? Also that Bright Ass Light assembly moves the back license plate down under the main taillight and what you thought of that appearance???
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Got rid of my heritage, miss it always liked the springer

I'll have to get another one to screw around with maybe a breakout...
  10. FLHTbiker

I would like to see it before I make any comments. One thing for sure is I don't want to ruin the old school look. One thing for sure the license plate does stick out.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Don't mount anything on the front fender. Cheesy is what it will look like. JMO
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

+1 Save the fender ornaments for the Indians... JMO
  13. FLHTbiker

I guess my front fender is Cheesy then :rolleyes:
  14. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum brother ! enjoy them springers are cool bikes love the old school look.:cheers:
  15. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Thanks bud for the input cause when I first looked at it it seemed like it was worth considering, but as time went on I started thinking it would definitely detract from the
    old world HD image and look. Thanks for taking the time and advice.
  16. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

One thing for sure is I don't want to ruin the old school look. One thing for sure the license plate does stick out.

I kind of thought you would say that and when and if I get a look at the tombstone one
    I will forward or post a pic. Thanks againd bud!! See I messed this up trying to copy and post your reply.
  17. FLHTbiker

Here is a stock 2001 Heritage Springer Softail. Notice the front fender, it has the ornamental front fender light. Bike is what mine looks like except I have 12 inch Ape bars on it. So for the guys who don't like em, sorry it comes stock. :D

Attached Files:

18. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

What makes that bike is the way the fender and springer mounts set each other off . They are awesome with the wide whites . Hey I never looked real close and I can't tell from the pics do they run single calipers or dual can't seem to wrap my head around if they made room for two with the later model springer front end?
  19. FLHTbiker

Stock is

Tire - Front: 130/90-16
    Tire - Rear: 130/90-16
    Brakes - Front: single 292 mm disc with 2-piston calipers
    Brakes - Rear: single 292 mm disc with 4-piston calipers
  20. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

Hey, bud, it was only a thought. I like the stock light and after discussion realize it would compromise the old world look of the HD Springer!