1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

My Springer by Y2KHD

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Y2KHD, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Not so Marc. Your fender came that way therefore not cheesy ( to me) its the others that take a plain fender and mount things on it. Got a bud with a RK classic. He mounted an Indian Chief head on his fender WTF! Then there was a Heritage in FL that was beautiful but the previous owner mounted a chrome wild boar on it yech Yours looks great. BTW, you got crackers??? LOL. Kidding friend.
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Thank you for the specs
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I did have my headlight bracket inside the headlight go bad. It's got a weird setup to hold the headlight on. Mine was really wobbling and shaking bad. I took it apart and there are rubber pieces pressed into the brackets. Good thing we have a Harley wrecking place with ton of used parts. They actually had a use one and had to wire in a new headlight wire loom also.
  4. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

I have also thought about some chrome small fender tips of some kind to make the end
    of the fenders look complete, but again that may detract too from the old school image??? Also have you considered replacing the horn with one that people can hear and doesn't sound like a VW bug???
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Look at the first picture I installed that loud Ass horn on it, kept the original up front and also wired in. That new horn is loud.

Second pic is my bike before I made a lot of changes to it. The bars that were on it when I first got it were very wide beach bars off an Indian. They Werner so wide if I went around a sharp corner they would poke me in the side.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365394280.524719.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365394295.182347.jpg
  6. Y2KHD

Y2KHD New Member

She's gorgeous!!! Hard to believe a person can feel so attached to a motorcycle!! After looking at your fenders
    I think I will reconsider on the fender tips. Are those heated handlebar grips??? You bike looks so awesome!!!