1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

N.H. State Rep motorcycle noise limits

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I know what you're saying. Just read Cardboard's original post and tell me it doesn't sound a tad bit like it's all about her being a woman. There are plenty of men who are pu.. wimps these days. Just sayin'...

I still love ya.:D
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

What about making a law against a politician for being a politician. :roflmao:
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ya can't give em a ticket
    They know the judge and how to got em fixed
  4. FLHTbiker

Your right there are way to many wimp me especially in politics.
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

So who here is actually a member of and involved in either a state-wide motorcyclist rights organization like ABATE, the MRF, or the Coalition of Independent Riders? It's one thing to :rant: about it and another to actually do something.
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Good point, Abby. I'm not a member of either of those groups and I will sometimes rant about stupid bike laws. I think we can all agree that there are far too many laws on the books about everything, including our passion, riding bikes.
    When I am up and finally riding again I plan on doing two things: taking a bike riding course and joining a biker's rights organization.
  7. FLHTbiker

I do not belong to Abate here in Oregon mainly because I don't agree with some of their policies here or tactics and especially a lot of their behavior. I belong to AMA and HOG. HOG I know is not a political biker rights group but we have some really good people involved in it and I believe leading by example is a positive thing.
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

AMA is a good one. I have some issues with ABATE here, and I earn a living through them. People have a hard time understanding what training has to do with laws, but it goes along with "educate, don't legislate." Teach people to be better riders rather than preparing them for a wreck.

As far as NH goes, they need to remember "Live Free or Die." It's what makes it such a great state. If they start failing there, it's no better than Massachusetts.
  9. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ya know I understand there are a lot of folks out there that can't walk and chew gum. And ain't multi talited.
    And a lot of folks don't have much common sense

Seems like everybody wants everybody to go to school for the rest of their life on everything they do.
    I did locksmith work for 40 yrs and the state wants me to take continuing education to keep a locksmith license.

But back in 64 when I started riding, there wasn't any school to teach you how to ride a bike or ride a horse or anything like. :gah: