1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Nearly got run over yesterday

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 11, 2013.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If'n he'd had LED headlights and tail lights she'd a seen his butt...
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Well......Maybe
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If they would make the fine really expensive or sever than more people would use hands free devices or not make a call when driving. At least your not holding the phone in your hand with a hands free device.
    Ever eat a hamburger while driving, that's as bad or worse.
  4. NHPROEQUIP

NHPROEQUIP Member

At least she apologized...rare to get that these days
  5. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

It's that damn texting that is the big problem. No hands free device will cure that. Since all the phones are GPS detectable,, is should not be a problem to render them unusable while moving with the technology that's out there. . Sooner the better. I've had more than one scare of a car over the center line,, with the driver looking at their lap instead of the road.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I've seen em texting on their phone. Don't know how they do it. I know of a women that was killed in her car when she was talking on her cell phone. She ran off the road and into a tree. Its a shame that people have to have their electronic toys in the car and play with them. I've had my cell phone go off to and usually hand it to the wife.
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

They should be banned from using them at all in cages. We got along without them very well in the pre cell age . . .
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Not if they're looking the other way - and that is very likely what happened. Usually when you "Didn't see it" means your not looking at it.