1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need Advice Asap - Which One To Buy

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by Peyts, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Need some advice, but need it ASAP (as I may have some deals in the works for some used efi tuners).

I have a 2007 Electra Glide Classic, fuel injected. Running Rush slip-ons (with 2.5" baffles) and SE Air Cleaner kit.

I have been offered:

- V&H FuelPak for $190 including shipping;
    - PCIII for $225 without shipping included (about $245 with shipping).

Any suggestions about what would be better for my bike? Which is the better deal? Note that I don't plan on completing Stage 2, etc. Get back to me, PLEASE!
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I've never been a big fan of those FuelPaks, I prefer the PCIII.
  3. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

i'd opt for the pc III
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

ditto on the PCIII
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

so, did ya buy the fuelpac??:D
  6. Peyts

Peyts New Member

I haven't bought either yet, though the deal on the used PCIII has fallen through. I have been told about a guy named Jamie at Fuel Moto USA - Power Commanders - Exhaust(Fuelmoto)... you can buy the PCIII from him, and his will map it for you prior to shipping out. Will cost me about $300. What do you think?
  7. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

GO WITH THE PClll, I RAN THE FUEL PAK FOR SEVERAL THOUSAND MILES, THE BACK CYLINDER WAS RUNNING VERY HOT (110 c.i. with V&H Big Shots)
    IT HELPED ON THE THROTTLE RESPONCE BUT THAT WAS DUE TO IT RUNNING LEAN AND WAS GETTING VERY GOOD FUEL MILEAGE, HIGH 40'S LOW 50'S, I CHANGED OVER TO THE PClll, BACK CYLIONDER RUNNING SOMEWHAT COOLER BUT IT BROUGHT HP AND TORQUE UP, FUEL MILEAGE DROPPED TO MID 40'S, BUT IF U WON'T A FUEL PAK I WILL SELL THE ONE I HAVE TO U CHEAP.
    AND IT IS FOR 07 TOURING.

DKIN21

LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
  8. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

keep in mind you can play with the timing on the pc III. throw a few degree's in on your take off. than too there's that accellerator pump can down load. check out pc website and see some other toys you can add:devil:
  9. hookerwrench

hookerwrench New Member

300 bucks is about as cheap as I have seen for a PCIII, and that didn't include shipping or programming...might be worth it. The fuelpacks go for about 225. Never used em but they look easy to program...just put in the numbers and go. BUT are the numbers correct? Usually not from what I have heard...LOL Have fun!
  10. edveitch

edveitch New Member

:banghead: I put Vance & Hines pipes on mine. So I figured that the fuel pack was the best idea. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what I do I still get some popping thru the pipes. Usually when I'm gearing down. Don't get me wrong, it runs great. I'd go with something else.
  11. viking

viking New Member

feulpak/pc111

I to am not sure what to do .I just bought an 08 flhx and want to do things right but money is a factor as well as the cost of a dyno tune.The fuelpak is cheaper and claims you do not need to tune.Any horror storys about the fuelpak.
    Viking
  12. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

From what I understand, if you get a fuel pak, if you make any changes, you have to make the complete fuel pak change again....as it is not really tuneable.... that is MY understanding anyway..... Power Commander and the Race Tuner are both programable so with changes to the bike, so too changes to the fuel maps.
  13. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

No U Do Not Have To Make The Complete Fuel Pak Change If U Change Anything On The Bike. All U Have To Do Is Pull Youre Side Cover Off, Take Clear Cover Off Of The Fuel Pak And Punch In New Numbers That V&h Sends U With The Fuel Pak. There Are About 8-10 Double Sided Pages Taht Give U Different Applications: Example 2008 Touring, 96 Ci, Stock Pipes, Rush Slip Ons, 2.5" Baffel, Then There Are About 9 Or 10 Numbers To Punch In, Then U Go Back Thru Them Again To Double Check Your Settings, Then Guess What? You Are Ready To Ride!!!!

I Changed Pipes 2 Times With The Same Fp, Theres Nothing To It. If U Want To Go With Fuel Pak I Have One I Will Sell U Its For 07 Touring
    The Reason I'm Selling It Is That I Changed To The Pciii. V&h Admitted That They Never Did Get There Hands On The 110 Ci Se When It Came Out In O7, So The Numbers Where A Guess.

75.00 For The Fuel Pak.

Dkin21

Live Easy, Ride Hard
  14. viking

viking New Member

Thanks for the offer but if I understand correctly the 07 touring feulpak is not the same as the 08
  15. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

get the pciii, you don't have to get a dyno. first install the unit and play with it alittle and see how it goes. if you do opt for a dyno that can be done sometime down the road. you'll be amazed how well you can get that bike running with a pciii. good luck:devil:
  16. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If you want a true tuner and you do not have a 08 touring bike. the best tuner is the Thundermax with Auto tune.
    The number 2 tuner is the Daytona Twin Tech GenII. These are true tuners and will make yer bike run cooler and git better fuel milage.
    But for a True tuner yer gonna have to pay more.
  17. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Buddy installed the PCIII it ran kinda sorta O.K., took it to a rally and had it dynoed before and after the custom program. The custom program pulled 10 more Horsepower out of it. It ran a lot better and the fuel milage improved with the custom dyno program for 300.00
  18. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I'm glad I'm not in a big hurry. I plan on doing engine mods when I actually need a top end on the motor. These systems like the Thundermax have been on automobiles for years and I'm sure it won't be too long before every manufacturer has their version to offer and the competition is bound to bring the price down. Al
  19. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

$300.00 for a tune up with no parts. 10 extra horse and a little better mpg. don't sound like it's worth it, but than i'm not into drag racing and don't really need every drop of power the engine has to offer.
  20. viking

viking New Member

I bought a feulpak,v&h stright cut classics with end caps and an arlen ness big sucker for my 08 streetglide.I will let you know how it all works out when I get the bike home and install all this stuff.It will be a while there is still about 8 feet of snow banks in my driveway.