1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need help here

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by ductmate, May 16, 2008.

1. ductmate

ductmate New Member

i have a 06 softail deluxe with samson true dule exhaust dose anyone know if i can use a fuel pak with samson exhaust
  2. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

That is a good question. I would also like to know as I was thinking of getting a V&H fuel pack. I have the cycle shack slip ons. On one of the reviews it stated that you are pretty much limited to using V&H products and it will not work with engine mods. Anybody out there who can shed some light on this question? Al
  3. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

What advantage if any does the V&H have over the DFO system? Al
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

so far, i dont do efi...............just carbs.....:)
  5. steveb

steveb Active Member

On a '06 it may work better with a Power Commander. The price isn't that much different. I put one on my '05 and it was really easy to tune. It ran pretty good but I still had it tuned on a Dyno. I never had a bit of problem with the way the bike ran after that.
  6. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

they'll all work, just some of them you can do more than the others. imo i would go with a thundermax or power commander. not sure about 07-08's some of the 07's and i believe all the 08's are a closed system. there's been ton's of talk on this subject. the steeler will of course try to talk you into a "stage 1" download plus a racetuner. my best advice at this point would be to do your homework before your purchance and not afterwards.:devil:
  7. lwedwards

lwedwards Active Member

The Fuel Pac will work with other exhaust, you can go to the Vance & Hines web site and click on Fuel Pac and there are a series of drop down menu's to input you system. I have a 2002 Ultra Classic which has the Big Bore Stage II kit and the stock ecm download with Vance & Hines Ture Duals. It runs good. So you can run a modified engine with the Fuel Pac, but as others stated if you are going to do major mods in the future I would go with a PC III or Race Tuner.