1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need input

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 4, 2010.

1. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Yep it is.
  2. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Cardboard...A "girls" bike is ANY bike I ride!!! I'll take yours for a spin anytime!!!
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ya shore even with my bike lowered a inch you can even touch the ground.

And do you know what to do with all the power my bike puts out.:rolleyes:

Know you ride a John Deere tractor and it don't put out a lot of pull when holdin on. But Yer little hands may not be able to hold on to the handle bars when you twist the throttle.. :gah:
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i dont think i will stand to close to you cardboard.........specialy when chrome is around!!!!!!!:D
  5. cardboard

Why ..............

Think she might Slug me or something :rant:
  6. chucktx

or shoot ya.......or stick ya........
  7. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Good idea Chuck.....cause Cardboard is asking for it!! Believe me when I say I can handle any bike you think I can...esp your lil bike!! hahaha
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

My moneys on chrome :roflmao:& from what i here she can ride any bike she put's her mind to or put a hole in someone who she's not happy with so if I'am around I'am standing behind chuck he's a little bigger then me
  9. cardboard

Now what ya sayin, she carry's a Universal Pass with her all the time.:gah:
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like she rides pretty good CB bet she carries something else to, :D
  11. chucktx

i am gonna have to post a pic of the dipstick on her oil bag on the chobber!!!!!!!! i pulled it once and thought i was gonna have to get stitches!!!!!!! i am much more carefull now!!
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well today I went and did some more demo rides of 2 different bikes, both ST's, but in different configurations. Today I rode an 08' CrossBones and then an 07 Fat Boy. I started with the CrossBones which was basically stock except for the seat, which had a King/Queen with a small backrest (of course), and some V&H pipes on it that were just sick loud. I LOVED IT. I will have to say that I really like that springer front end on it. I liked that it when a bump came up that the bike followed the bump but not to the point to where it was destructive. The King/Queen on it put me down in the bike to what I think was the perfect ride height for me. I could handle the bike with ease and comfort. I just LOVED It. Then I got onto the Fat Boy. It had 16" Apes on it and this had a stock seat. I did not like this bike all that much. I just was not too comfortable with the Apes that were on this bike, which I thought I would be because my buddy has a set of these on his bike and I am comfortable with those. I did not like the seat on it in its stock form. I was too high on the bike. Also I was not impressed with how the bike swayed. Today was a little windy and I could feel the bike moving from side to side. I have heard form a lot of people that this natural due to the solid wheel. Well, I did not like it at all. another thing with this bike is that I thought that it was ball less when it came to shift from 5th to 6th. hard to explain what was going on, but probably just that specific bike has an issue. I am not done demoing bikes yet, I have one more bike to get on and ride before I am able to sit and ponder for the winter on which one I want. The Street Glide is up next. I was supposed to ride one today, but it was out on rental, I was told that it would be back by the time I got there but the person ended up renting it for a long period of time. Oh, by the way, I still hate the 6 speed transmission!

http://www.crowriverhd.com/new_vehi...2010J11I49I24JPMQ3405R0&veh=70495&pov=1743288

http://www.crowriverhd.com/new_vehi...2010J11I49I24JPMQ3405R0&veh=38788&pov=1739453

These are the 2 animals that I rode today.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You get the SG and go for a 600 mile day and 6th gear will be
    your best buddy.

As for tooling around town you won't ever get to 6th.

Funny for years HD was 4 speed and people complained when
    they went 5, then 5 went to 6 and people are excited (well they were LOL)

You don't have to use it until you are at a steady state cruise above 60 mph
    per the manual but 65 to 70 is more in line...

I've heard the fatboy solid disk rumor but it's just that
    a rumor. Air cannot flow through a wheel with spokes at speed
    if the disk wheels were a problem you'd never be able to
    keep a car on the road....

The side area of the bike is way larger than the wheels..

I agree it might have just been the bike...
  14. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

JB, the crossbones is a good ride, better buy it before its gone.
  15. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I agree completely, just a rumor I've had 5 fatboys and they don't get blown around any more than anything else. Baggers get blown around just as much as a fatboy. Those were real high apes and i wouldn't like them either, mine are only 12" apes, and just right for me. I am the same height as you a little heaver though.
    It all depends on what you want for a ride. wife and i just completed a 925 mile weekend, on fatboys with fairings, with 630 miles on day one. Anytime you go that far in one day on any bike you are tired. And a sixth gear would have been nice. maybe even a seventh on the interstate. :roflmao: I'd go for the street glide, I am going to win one in this contest that we are intered in. Even if the wife wins the prize is mine...:D
  16. JohnnyBiker

I have one more bike that I am going to ride before I finish demoing bikes for the year. After that, I am going to take the winter and think about it. MY decision is going to made on by which bike I think of the most over the winter. A lot of things to consider.
  17. cardboard

Go rent the bike yer thinkin about for a day.
    Be there when the dealer opens, and ride it all day.

If yer lady is going to be riding with you take her too.
    Make a day out of it.
    Might help you make decesions.:D
  18. JohnnyBiker

This is an awesome suggestion. I may have to do that. Part of the problem is that I never have a full day that I can dedicate to riding. That school and work thing just gets in the way. I can see what I can do. :mad: Thanks for the suggestion CB!