1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need Screamin' Eagle Pwr. Commander Help

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Mark K., Aug 23, 2004.

1. Mark K.

Mark K. New Member

I have a '03 Screamin' Eagle 103 Road King and just purchased Vance & Hines True Duels and slash cut slip-ons. Also bought Power Commander IIIucb. I'm new at this and don't want to damage my engine....what map should I use. I checked out the Power Commander website and didn't see anything similar to what I have. Also, If I dyno-tune the bike, what questions do I ask to determine if the shop knows what they are doing. I plan on installing everything myself.
  2. Painter55

Painter55 New Member

Read the "Power Commander Question" thread in this forum. We have been over some of this already.

I had a similar question about variance from the equipment stipulated by the maps on the Power Commander website. I called their tech help line, and the guy told me which map would adequately substitute for my intended combo. Check it out that way, but in any case, I think the forum here recommends a dyno session after you install the PCIII with your new pipes. The PCIII is easy to install and to map.

Read my own saga on this same thing under "Pythons on a Softail". Keep us up on your progress so we can all learn something good.

Yo, down the road,

Painter