1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need some Help

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by peckaloos, Jul 19, 2004.

1. peckaloos

peckaloos New Member

I have a 2004 Softail Standard, the clutch lever is at the end of my finger tips! Is there an off set clutch lever?
  2. peckaloos

peckaloos New Member

Please some one reply! Even if its I don't know! I'm a lady in distress! But I'm not Blond!!!!!!!
    :p
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

I don't know. :p

LOL, seriously I don't, but wait till someone chimes in that does cause someone will. All my stuff is metric. Suzuki's like my SV come with a four position adjuster on the brake lever, the clutch, however, is still fixed. I'm SURE somebody out there on the aftermarket must offer dog legged levers for HD, though. They do for about everything else on the road and HD has the strongest aftermarket in the business. CD can probably fix you up.
  4. rose_guy

rose_guy New Member

I don't know either

I can see how a custom brake lever would be possible, my brake travel isn't that far. The real problem will be the clutch. I need a fair amount of the travel to go from fully disengaged to fully engaged.

Having stated that I really don't know anything, I would propose you go to a CNC machine shop with a standard lever set and a smile (the smile rarely helps me, but has never hurt) and tell them your problem. They can certainly create a brand new billet set of levers with a custom fit. I have found that if you happen on one of these guys that takes a fancy to the project it will not cost too much. So shop around.
  5. CD

CD Guest

What you need to do is get some free play in the lever and install a White Brothers EZ clutch which will significantly reduce your lever effort. CCI Ergo levers will have a little more slope at the top of the lever but probably not enough to help by themselves.

Contact our tech staff if you need further assistance. 520-750-8884
  6. mhdc1

mhdc1 New Member

call your local shop info is free gives ya a chance to see if they are goin to be helpful
  7. chopperdave

chopperdave New Member

Kuryakin make some levers for "short fingered" riders. Check out their web site. Is it the reach, or is it the effort, or both? The easy boy clutch deal is good, but the hydraulic unit ($$) is better. I'll do some more research and get back...