1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Needles

Discussion in 'Other CV Performance products' started by theobick, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theobick

theobick New Member

I bought th CVP NDL65 needle from CVP. I believe this is the same needle used in the 88 sportster. I also bought the CVP Velocity Needle. Trouble is they came in little baggies without any markings to tell me which is which. I got them to tune a 95 Dyna and would like to know which one I am installing for future reference. One is about a sixteenth inch longer than the other and is shiny. The short one is dull finish. Can CVP please tell me which is which?

Thanks
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The N65 version needle has a groove cut around the outer edge of the head and has a bright finish. The other needle mentioned has the amber coated finish.
  3. theobick

theobick New Member

Thanks, I am able to differentiate them now.
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Velocity Needle?? How does this stand out from a standard needle??
  5. kenfuzed

Depends how you define "standard".
    The Velocity needle is engineered to be slightly richer just off idle compared to most stock needles yet not go overly rich in the middle. They are designed based on 3 steps with tappers placed between each to achieve smooth transitions as the needle moves.
  6. JohnnyBiker

Ok? My indy really thinks that the main culprit of my fuel issues is due the N65c needle that I have in it. In order to remedy that he wants to use a kit from "Cycle Werks"? that uses an adjustable needle. I am not thrilled that he wants to use this but it seems that I am running out of options. Do you have any suggestions??
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  7. MO tex

MO tex New Member

JB what is your bike doing? carb wiss i mean
  8. JohnnyBiker

There are two threads that discuss this. Go to either "First Dyno Pull Ever." or "Stock Needle." I have dyno numbers and AFR numbers posted in the first dyno pull ever thread...
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

now that you have new pipes
    leave the needle alone and
    change the pilot jet down one
    size and see how it runs.
  10. JohnnyBiker

I am really interested in this needle that Ken is talking about. Sounds neat...
  11. kenfuzed

The newly added subject regarding another manufacturer's needles and Cycle Pro products has been moved to it's own thread. This forum is for support of CVP products only.
    [PAGE="http://bike-talk.com/forum/motorcycle-tech-talk/17466-aftermarket-clip-style-needles.html"]Adjustable needles[/PAGE]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.