1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ness AirFilter Instalation

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by AFNurse, Jul 3, 2004.

1. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I got my Ness Big Sucker from CD and the Direct Parts team today. Opened it up and started reading instructions. They start off by saying refere to the Service Manual.....(for removal of old air filter). I don't have one of those yet, it IS on my list of things to get!. Is there anyone that can scan/send me the page/pages pertaining to an 04 E-Glide Standard EFI Air Filter Assembly??!! I did take a look into the Air filter case and it looks like I will need to remove the 2 rubber hoses AND the fittings? going into the bike? Thanks for the help in advance! :confused:
  2. AFNurse

ok, have also done some initial searching on the web.....does anyone know where I can buy a Service Manual for 2004 E-Glide Standard EFI? I am stationed in Germany, and am afraid that if I go into a store I will get a manual.....in German!! Looking for a web bassed location. Willing to get one for 2003 IF they are the same..... Thanks! :confused:
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I can't scan it but it's easy to do,

Remove outside air cleaner cover by taking out center bolt.

Next Remove Filter

Remove backing plate cover you will see two bolts at the top these are the breather bolts and bolts in the center going into the carb.

Once those are out the rear cover will come off, You should see the carb and the motor behind it, nothing should be in the head breather bolt holes.

I havent done the ness does it say to reuse the original head bolts or did it come with bolts.

They should have installation instructions

Mount ness backing plate to heads an carb with correct bolts
    Put on filter and cover

Thats about it.
  4. AFNurse

The Ness filter comes with all bolts. The instructions had NO pictures, and because of this (I am not yet a motorhead) I went fishing and hoping. As long as my 3 yr old daughter wasn't helping, and I took my time, everything fell into place. Took the bike down the autobahn up to 110 mph and released the throttle.....no backfire/popping, so for the time being, I don't need to remap, tho sometime soon hopefully will be the power commander and some pipes!! Can not believe the change in throttle response just with an air breather kit......can't wait to see the change with the other toys!! :D