1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Nevada to Maine & back

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Red Rider, May 7, 2016.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Hey, fellow riders, I'm home! Just got in a couple hours ago. Had computer trubs, and my phone (which was really my son's) required a password for voicemail - which no one knew! Sorry to trouble any of ya'll.

Spent the night in Green River, Utah, and started the near 600 mile ride home at 3:30 AM Mountain Time - so am beat. Have to share the chupacabra story later. Do want to say thanks again to JohnnyBiker and badinfluence63 for their time. Other than the riding (which we do to live), meeting up with folks that are otherwise just typewritten words on the screen is the highlight of my travels. I'm just sorry I was so worn out (and burned out with the whole Border/Customs thing that apparently only matters if you try to enter legally) that I couldn't meet up with Lucifer. I mean, really, it was so cool when I told the Canadian customs guy that I was entering Canada to try to meet up with Lucifer! Should have seen his face!

So, riders, the road still goes both ways. If you take old U.S. Highway 50 through Nevada, let me know and you'll have a hospitable stop along the way.

All for now - I'll definitely have more later - live to ride, ride to live!
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Hey now! Glad you got home safe and sound was starting to get nervous. Thanks for the I'm home post.

It was great to meet you in person and I thank you for swinging by for a few hours. My job pays well but the hours suck especially during the summer vacations. Was hoping somehow you swinging by and me being able to take the day off would some how materialized.
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  3. Red Rider

Well, the 3 week trip is over and I'm already eager to get out again. Unfortunately, I've got to change out the front wheel bearing now...guess it was bad for the last 5,000 miles or so - and I had thought the heavy load I was packing was the reason for my low mpg. Had the bike on the lift to clean/inspect post-trip and the front wheel won't spin unless forced to - not an inch more. Bound up pretty good, am surprised it didn't cause worse problems.

Last thing I'll do before closing this thread out is post a "lessons learned"...not just yet, but soon.
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  4. Red Rider

As we said in the Navy: Belay my last!

I'll do a separate thread on lessons learned, within this Trips & Trails subforum. Easier for others to find that way, if they care to learn from others' experience.
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  5. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it.
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Look forward to reading about your trials and tribulations