1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New concept for a motorcycle

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 29, 2010.

1. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

maybe it just jacks itself up on those stabilizers and you can just drop the wheel out.

I do not know about other Harleys but my Sportster has only a side stand, no centre stand, so changing a wheel on that is going to be a nightmare.. Why the hell there is not a proper centre stand i don't know....*thought*...... wonder if anyone makes after market centre stands, a proper stand rather than the piddly little side stand would be just great.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yes they do........dealers/aftermarket have them, or fabricate one of your own...
  3. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

That is great, I'll look them up,
    Or....I have to repair an old center stand for a kawasaki 450, so I could probably do a second one to the same design
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

5. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Interesting, so HD did make center stands, it looks like it just bolts up to existing holes on the frame I would imagine...but only up to 1981. Will have to look under mine to see if the frame still has mount points.
    Cheers for that. I had found a few others but not that one.