1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New CV Performance Slide..drill or no drill

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by ChrisR, Aug 20, 2018.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR New Member

I have an 883 that I rebuilt with a CVP tuner kit and it runs like a champ. I have some pinging at WOT so I am moving up to a 180 main. Otherwise the only other issue is every once in a while if I blip the throttle to take of from a stop it pops through the carb and dies. My only thought was it may be running lean so move up to a 45 pilot, but then I thought about the slide as when I installed the tuner kit the slide was drilled out to more than 1/8". I don't have any real issues other than a bit of a touchy throttle but I bought a new slide through CV performance and I am wondering if I should drill out the new slide to 7/64. I thought maybe the new slide has a bigger opening so it didn't need to be drilled as the tuner kit says you don't need to drill out bigger bikes or new slides.
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Chris, no need to drill our new slide. The drilling recommendation (no larger than 7/64") is primarily for older slides that were known to have burs left by the manufacturer. The other issues could be anything from a sticking slide, vacuum leaks, or clogged passages between the mixture screw and the pilot jet.