1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New I-Phone 5

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 13, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

So FLHT you take the Iphone to town and get the new LTE network and try to find anything. or get on the internet
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I was on the Internet with it the day I picked it up and even posted the message about new I-Phone 5 from it.
    Been to town got on the LTE network, its OK. The only thing it does better is it has a better built in Antenna and I can now get reception with it at the house.

One thing I can't figure out yet is how to get a different ring tone. Bought one for .99 but can't figure out how to make it work with the dang ring tone on the phone.:banghead:

Also my phone holder that clips over the belt the new phone is to long and the magnetic flap won't work. :gah:
  3. cardboard

What !

You don't know how to git a different ring tone. It has a bunch of ring tones.

Settings : sounds ringtones.
    If you have somebody in as a contact. bring the contact up and say edit it.
    Then you can see change the ringtone on that contact.

Comon Man

Google or youtube it.

And you can't see how much faster it brings stuff up in LTE.
    What..........
  4. FLHTbiker

I know how to get any of the standard ring tones and change those. I have a special one that I went and downloaded on the ITunes for Ring Tones. But it should also show up on my ringtones when I open it up but does not.
  5. FLHTbiker

Cardboard got it figured out, thought you could just go to sounds and go through there. Didn't realize you had to go through your contacts, that's crazy, oh well. Downloaded a old song called Sweet Dreams are made of. Thanks for the help can't believe I had to get help from an old backwoods Redneck Texan but that's cool, thanks. Appreciate it. :D:D
  6. cardboard

Tell you what, I will send you a Iphone 4 or a Iphone 4S and 200.00 and you send me the Iphone 5, since you don't notise much difference
    Will that work for you.
  7. FLHTbiker

Dude, I already have the 4 don't need another one. The people at AT&T said even the 3 had better reception than the 4. I wished I would have just gotten the 4S as it has almost all of the same functions as the 5, including the better antenna. That was my biggest complain was cell tower reception. I have the 5 now and am learning some of the features but sure wished they would have given a better instruction sheet to learn it. It also does not fit my Cell phone holder that I use to carry on the belt.
  8. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

"Sweet Dreams" BY Mama Cass????

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  9. FLHTbiker

No, 1983 by Sweet Dreams (are made of this) by Eurythmics
  10. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Oooooo! Thank god!
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  11. cardboard

I've got a 4S and a case. I will work out a trade.
    All the instructions for a Iphone are on the phone. You just don't understand how to read them.
  12. FLHTbiker

I guess I don't have the time to spend all day playing with it like you do.
    I'll keep,what I have now that I have it working.
  13. cardboard

so what you reall got to do that can't wait
  14. FLHTbiker

Still doing some inspections and have to get ready now to go.
  15. cardboard

:rolleyes:
    You need to stay and run the board.:rolleyes:
  16. FLHTbiker

Inspection canceled, no power in that area in Portland due to the storm last night. Lots of areas without power today. Was a good blow last night.i
  17. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

so my daughter & son-in-law came to dinner .he's on his second eye 5 the first one would not hold a charge & he says he wish he still had his 4s said it's a much better phone , so I ask him about the lte fast ness he said yes much faster but eats the batter life faster as well , Now he's had all the eye phones since apple put them out , I did check his 5 out , for me now I'am thinking the gal 3 will be a better phone when my contract up for renew two of my son's & my wife are very happy with there driod phones over the eye phones all say they will never go back to apple:cool:
  18. cardboard

Realize this I can hear you. And after playing on a Microsoft windows computer all day. I'm ready to leave and get a Mac Air notebook
    Tired of the problems with Microsoft and the virsus.
    Talked to the wife about going in halfs with me to get a new full size Ipad.

I was one of the 1st people to git a iphone 5 when they 1st come out. My neighbor was behind me. Hes a computer tech. So is his wife. He tried to get her one. They said only one per customer.

Since yer busting at the chops to leave yer Iphone. Go play with a Galaxy s3 before you buy one.
    Take yer time and do everything you can do on it. .
    Try to do everything you do on your iphone. I've played with one
    They don't like me. I touch them and turn them off.
    I don't care what you git. but I just want you to play with one. I did.
    I have nothing but time everyday to do whatever I want to do. and I played with one. I couldn't operate it no where as easily.

I have the 5 I've used it all day without runnin the battery down
    But realize this. I don't play games on it.
    The iphone 5 Is faster. and has better battery life than the other Iphones.
    If you are gonna play games like mY OL git a mophie juice pack.
  19. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I know a few peoples with eye 5 & there happy with them , sob-in-law is trying to make them exchange it again ,The droid system is easy to use once you get use to it , yes it's differen then the I phone had to get use to it as well my wife had her i ph for a few years & now has trouble useing mine cause she's had the gal note for about 6-7 months & she's not tied to apple for anything all her music & most apps are free games also , son-in-law spends time on the internet not to much in the games thing can't get text or good service with the i5 he has now , just setting next to me tonight his phone showed no service & my 4s was full of service , so where thinking it's the phone itself he wants to stay with i phones just not happy with the two he's had already :eek:
  20. FLHTbiker

The one big reason I stayed with the iPhone 5 was because I have the iPad. They have what is called Streaming and if you take a photo with your iPhone it will automatically show up in your photo section called Photo Stream on the iPad.mThe Apps can also be transferred to each one or the other. I really like the iPad and use it instead of a regular computer.
    You should get one CB you will really like it. Much easier to use than the computer. Pick it up carry it anyplace in the house, no cords. Easy to use and very light weight. I do a lot of Internet stuff with it. Very fast compared to your Microsoft computer. Sit in my easy chair with it, take it to bed and use it. If you put Internet on it take it anyplace you go. It's a great computer for 495.
    I just have mine connected to the Wi-FI here at the house because the iPhone is connected to the Internet through cyber space. They work good with each other.