1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New PCIII for Xmas

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by HAMSHOG, Dec 28, 2007.

1. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

Got a PCIII for xmas!!:D Have a '05 R/K Classic with stock ECM map, Rolling Thunder mufflers and a K&N filter in a stock housing. Which map from Power Commader would be closest to my setup for use. I have a dyno run with the gift, but wanted to put it on before I make arraingments for the dyno. Any suggestions?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

hamshog you go to pc web site & look at all the maps for your set up & your year bike , you can also download them your self , after you reg with them 7 get on there email list they send new maps every so offten , Have fun with the new scooter toy :D
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Yeah, it's a piece of cake. Even a girl can do it.

Of course it helps if you have a laptop.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

you crack me up!!!!!:roflmao: :D
  5. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

m805-004=khrome works s/o and a se ac
    m805-012= d&d s/o and a se ac

don't look like you're going get a exact match:eek: , the two above are about as close as i could get. one of em should make a good starting point. don't forget you can download the accelerator feature. have fun:drunk:
  6. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

Skull007, I looked for the suggested maps, but only have the "807" series on the CD or the website. So I came up with the 807-162 map for Rush 1.75" baffle slip-ons & SE a/c. May get it on today or tomorrow. Thanks for the help and I may be back with more questions.:confused:
  7. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

The other option is to send them a mail or call them..... I have heard that they are VERY customer friendly. Explain what you have for parts, they will probably be able to recommend what map to go with AND/OR they will make a map for your componants.....
  8. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

Hey Skull007 or anyone, I installed the unit and the bike won't start.:banghead: Any suggestions?:gah:

Ok. Got it running. Have some popping in decel. Have to get the right drivers for the laptop to get into the program. More later....
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  9. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

HAMSHOG,
    I hear Santa left you the PCIII,thats great!
    I would call the Tech line as AFNURSE recommends,all the info should be in or on the PCIII package.I would recommend the upgrade to a free-flowing air cleaner backing plate assembly or Chuck's hole saw upgrade.00 wildglide:cool:
  10. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

00 Wildglide, I'm almost afraid to ask. :fight: What's Chuck's hole saw upgrade?:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
  11. chucktx

it is a way to get more air into a stock aircleaner. i used a k&n air filter, removed the stock backing plate....it is plastic...and drilled holes in the back of it and around the edges. i used a 1" hole saw to do the job. later on i installed a ness II bigsucker. i was also messin with my jetting and exhausts....worked good untill the funds came to get some "store bought" stuff.....i was pleased with the results of my "home made" stage one kit.....
  12. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

That's what I figured, Chuck. Had thought of cutting some more slots or drilling holes in the plate. May give it a try! The funds for the free flow a/c will have to wait for now. My battery just took a sh*t!! :banghead: Have to get a new one Wednesday. :gah: Oh well, almost 3 years out of the factory battery. Guess that's not bad.
  13. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

don't feel bad about that battery...... I got my bike dec 2003...first delivery of the 04 modles for AAFES in Germany......I am still on factory battery.....4 FULL years of riding......first hint of battery, I get a new one...I figure I am already out of "norm" for one of those!!! :D
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

My 03 still has the factory battery in it , I've already started to look for a new one
  15. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Yep i got 3 years too on my RK. Which ain't bad at all considering I used to only get a year if I was lucky on the ol shovel head. i got a gel type in the shovel now we will see how long it lasts. AL
  16. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Got 5 years on the stock one in my 02 Heritage. Replaced it in summer of 06 with an Odyssey Dry cell battery.
  17. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

Battery Update

Bought a trickle charger on Sunday and gave it a go. Has been fine since. May have run it down messing with the PCIII I installed Saturday. I'll give it a few days to see what happens. 4 or 5 years would be nice to get out of the factory battery!:D

Oh yeah Chucktx, I drilled (4) 1-1/8" holes in the backing plate. Looks like it just about doubled the airflow into the filter. Have to put some miles on it to see what it does.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  18. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

Yikes!! This sucker pours the fuel in, huh? :banghead: Just filled up and milage was 31mpg!! :gah: Sure runs strong though!!:D I remapped last nite and will see what happens now. Any suggestions other than playing with it or getting a dyno? :confused:

PS- Didn't spill any gas filling up.:roflmao:
  19. chucktx

playing with the knobs and stuff is half the fun!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  20. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

You can play with the knobs and check yer plugs to look at the color they are. But the PCIII is not a self tuning unit. If you want to git the full potential out of the PCIII you need to take it to somebody that dyno's PCIII and knows the unit and have a custom map wrote for it. Make sure you have the pipes air box and everything like you want it before you do the custom map too. Some of the bigger bike rally has a dude that goes all around the country doint it. This dude pulle a map on my buddys bike and got 10 more hp out of it. He does a lot of rally's

Cycle Solutions Online