1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Revtech Issue

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by maxpower_hd, Jun 17, 2004.

1. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

Again, my friend has a 2001 100" Revtech on a Softail style custom frame. His primary belt broke and we are having difficulty finding a new one at the local shops. The first thing they ask is the brand name of the primary drive. The problem is that there is know way I can see to determine this. I have the primary cover off and there are no markings anywhere except for the CCI logo on the inside of the inner primary. Nothing to determine the make of the drive kit itself. The other part of the problem is that he purchased this bike from someone else so he doesn't have any of the original documentation from the builder. It is a one piece inner primary, does not seem to have any adjustment mechanism sucha s idler pully, the belt itself is a Gates Poweregrip GT 78138 x 41 MMK. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

Never mind

I finally figured it out. I ended up measuring the pitch and width with a set of calipers, counted the teeth on the belt and the teeth on both the front and rear pulleys. I was then able to ordere it through my local bike shop for $100. It should be here tomorrow. Over the last day and a half I've learned more about primary belts than I ever cared to know! Better but two!

Thanks anyway.