1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New slide? Or just go with it....

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by Dtennyson, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Dtennyson

Dtennyson Member

Hi all, I just finished the CV premium install on my '05 1200c w Big Sucker and VH Straight Shots. I used the 46 and 185 jets. When I got into the top I found the slide had been drilled by a previous owner to .125. There was no way to get a slide until Monday at best so I put it back together with all the CV parts.
    I completed the tuning process and I've put 150 miles or so and the bike is running really well! SO much better off idle... Checked the MPG and it was great! Over 50.

My question is; should I even bother replacing the slide if the bike is running so good or am I missing something by running the slide that has been drilled to 1/8?

Thx, dt
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi DT, you should be fine. The biggest drawback to running a slide that has been drilled to 1/8" or larger is the slide can often flutter up and down, especially during decel causing excessive crackle through the exhaust. If it is running ok for you then I would leave it be and enjoy the ride.