1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Studs or Not

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Evo jugs are Evo jugs:)My thinking when I did my Evo over was, if a stud backed out,it was getting replaced... The new shoulder down studs are an upgrade and as an added bonus....no measuring to do...lol
    That's why I asked about the Twinkie studs...but,none of them backed out anyway.
  2. Torkman

Torkman New Member

The new studs come with Loctite, or just use red loctite?
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they come with thread locker on them it was over a dozen yrs ago I got them,you'll see it on them when you get them...
    Had to check my manual...Locktite Stud and Bearing Mount is what it says if the studs feel loose,light coat of oil if not loose...just follow the manual if you're going to reuse your stock rods...good luck...keep us posted..:D