1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New to me 75 Harley FXE complete

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by HarleysLR, Jan 25, 2016.

1. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Hey Fellers , how's everything going? I don't think I've been on here since Mark passed away, I talked to Johnny Biker on the phone right after Mark died. There has been lots of stuff going on and not all good, counting Mark I've had four friends and or brothers die. All sad situations. Anyway as of yesterday I am the new owner of a 1975 Harley FXE all original as far as I can tell, haven't brought it home yet, it belonged to my brother that died a week after Mark. I have seen it run but it has been a couple of years, so while everyone else is chasing speed and going faster I'm going to follow in Josh Bob's foot steps and go putt'n. I'll post pictures as soon as I get the bike home. Thanks for listening and have a blessed day,, HarleysLR,
    Oh yeah for you old timers on here I don't know if you heard but Abby is going to do the Hoke Hey ride this year.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad to see you're riding and congrats on the new to you Bike, tough way to get it though sorry about your friends

tough year yeah, but we'll get back in the saddle because it's
    what we do.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  3. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Any pics once you get your new horse home in the stable? Sad way to get a bike, sorry for your loss.
  4. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

Thought's on your loss, as time passes we all are shown that life will end . Live a good life ,respect other's and pass that on. Show us some pics of the new to you scooter to keep your brother's memory alive
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm still puttin' . . . though not as much as I'd like. The weather here has been cold but I might get out this afternoon. Lost one biker friend to cancer since I been on last and another is on his way out - he disappeared in the mountains somewhere to live out his remaining days - no chemo, no nothin'.
  6. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Sorry for all your loses. Been a tough year all around. Shocking and unexpected about Marc. Then lost MIL and uncle/Godfather. Not naive to the cycle of life and we all get a turn. MIL 94, uncle 82. Marc way before his time.
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

MY Bad, my new to me Shovel is a 78 not a 75, not much difference, needs some work and a paint job probably shinny black or a deep red, only 3 pieces to paint anyway. My bro had put on a remote starter button, had a hard time finding that. It has a 21 inch front wheel the spec I could find called for a 19 inch front wheel, don't know whats going on with that. Brought it home in a blizzard and we have about 18 inches of snow out side right now. Work on the bike will start real soon, going to go modified bobber style, going to pass it along to my son when it is done.
    I still have my Hot Rod 05 Fatboy and my almost stock 08 Street Glide.

Attached Files:

8. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Looks like a cool project.
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Score! Nice bike! Nice colr. Nice tank decal. I'd keep her stock. Electric and kick to..woo hoo. Whats ya gonne do?

Looks like battery cover is missing?
  10. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Bobber style suits shovelheads nicely, HarleysLR! A lot of riders switched to the 21" front wheel in those days; I did the same to my '72 ironhead. Thanks for the pics . . .
  11. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Very nice! I agree with BI, very cool tank decal. Get it repro'd before you paint it please!
  12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sno covered Harley, whoda thunk it.

I'd be torn between cutting it up and keeping it stock as a survivor..

Not a lot of survivor shovels left...
  13. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Love the pix of your shovel...When I bought my Road Glide, kept my softail, still love to ride that bike. Seems strange on BT now, Marc was such a big part and force of this site. Seems different, don't log on as often as I did once. Maybe its just time, not sure. Thanks for the info on Abby...