1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New To Me

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 22, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Don't guess you can look at yet radio or speedometer in yer csr and drive
    If that is your problem
    Learn yer limitations

I have no problem

But realize a lot of people use them

They are comin standard on new vehicles
    And the CVI ultra
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

:roflmao:I know my limitations...just don't want or need all the gadgets...I know where I'm going and can find my way back...
    I know a lot of people use them ,I read about them in the papers...they're not like you CB, they can't focus on two things at once;)

That's what it's all about HR...people are caught up in all the techno gizmos and don't enjoy the sights and scenery all around them on the open road....
    Anyway enough hijacking.....back to you Johnny....:D
  3. cardboard

And here's Johnny..........
  4. cardboard

With my gps I have learned a lot of rodes to ride
    I might not have ever found
    And all the roads was farm roads in the country
    Some beautiful

You can use a jack from the Zumo to the front input on the hdcradio and if you are getting directions it will come out the bikes speakers
  5. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Seems to me you both are right, or nobody is wrong. I have a Garmin I move from car to truck... car has built in GPS, its not good as Garmin. I love it when I am driving. Took me a long time to get one, then thought why did I wait so long. But, don't use one on Bike. Sometimes carry it when trip is long, but stop to use it. No mount on handle bars. If you pay attention and use it right, don't see why it can't be safe. But I choose not to use one while riding... tend to head somewhere. Look at map before I leave and have direction and roads in mind. Everybody has to do what fits.... :D
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

well I have the stereo on my E glide , ok , I guess being a retired truck driver I kinda have a nac for finding my way there & back ,& when out riding I try to have my eyes looking all around critters cages crap laying in the pot holes in the road way , stuff like that girls in cars :rolleyes:, not some mini map on my handle bars , but like I said each to there own :cool:
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Well said...:cool:I took one on a trip once,after day 1 I tossed it in the tour pak....The OL used it on the back seat for a while,playing with it...then I get a whack in the back of the head and she says" Do you know this thing has big red numbers on it says you're doing 155km/h"??:rolleyes: That's not why I tossed it though...I prefer to stop in a park,spread a map on the picnic table and pick a route and destination....like cowboy said to each his own...:D
  8. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Do you think that the cable for the droid will charge it as well like the for the Ipod?
  9. JohnnyBiker

Just got back from the wireless store and I now have my cable so I can listen to Pandora or I hart radio. About time too, I was getting tired of the shiitty reception that I have been getting because of the crappy weather we have been having. Now all I need to do is let the bike cool down and give it another bath as I am heading out on a dealer ride tonight. :D
  10. JohnnyBiker

I LOVE PANDORA!!! With that cable that I bought from the wireless store, I can now listen to tunes that I like, without all the friggen commercials, and it don't take much energy on my phone either.

Thanks HRK for suggesting Pandora and the cable. Much better riding experience as well.:cool:
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

12. JohnnyBiker

13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

no, for mounting the phone, you get the mount and then the cradle for your phone
    so when you are riding you can change channels without having to open
    up the glove box, and the phone isn't bouncing around in there...

DuH!
  14. JohnnyBiker

There isn't a lot of room in my glove box. I have an aux jack (plug in) in there so it is somewhat cramped. Phone doesn't bounce.
  15. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I,used to say that now I love it. My new Chapter had a class last weekend on how to use the GPS, how to route a ride on the HD route planner, how to set up a route on Google maps and then how to download it into your GPS. It was fun and a great class. Those guys at the new chapter are sure nice people.:)
    No political BS like the other chapter.
  16. JohnnyBiker

Cool. I guess my main issue with them is that they are just so damn expensive. 1k, that is a lot of money!!:witsend:
  17. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I am one of those die hards who still likes to stop somewhere and look at the map & plan my route as I go. When I ride to Cleveland next month, that's what I'll do, plus I'll get a little rest, too.

I carry a dumb phone in case I get in more trouble than I can fix on the road. Tryin' to keep it simple.

Music would good me no good while riding - motor & wind too loud.;)
  18. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I use maps to and love to stop to. Besides when you stop you can meet and talk to some interesting people.:D
  19. JohnnyBiker

Stopping to me good. Get to talk to the locals. What is the best way to meet people sometimes, stop and ask for directions. :cool:
  20. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I use my regular car gps.5" screen. Suction mount on tank. Works pretty good,much cheeper. Just got to keep it dry,baggy over it if'n it rains.