1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New To Me

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 22, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I still love my sporty though!! :D I do have a bunch of pictures that I need to post of me riding Black Dangerous home. Had the daughter snap some pictures while we were on the freeway! :cool: The middle daughter (Chevelle) already said she wants a ride. :D heated gear? Not sure that I want to spend the money on that. I just dress for the weather and wear leathers and layers, I seem to stay warm.

I am really looking forward to the HOG Membership, Hot rider may join "Ladies of Harley" :D I have always wanted to join but timing is always a pain in the butt..:D My wife is so awesome, she is so laid back most of the time...:D
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

dude i am so glad you got the bagger that bad boy was going to be a bad buy for the money and not what you were thinking of in the first place you were settling for something cause you had a hard on for a new bike .so glad it worked out for ya!!!congrats;)
  3. JohnnyBiker

Yes, but I did like that Bad Boy a lot as well. That bike was even better in person. But I bought a more purpose oriented bike and that is what I needed. I would have bought that BB if things could have gotten worked out, but I did buy a better bike.

I will email some different pics to ya later. I have to go over to HR's parents here soon. :D
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

These really make a difference
    And my buddy got some heated gear from Cycle gear.

Do you have a quick connect cord for a battery charger. You can use the same plug to hook up heated gear up to.

Street and Steel Heavy Duty Deep-Pocket Leather Chaps Review - YouTube!

Warm & Safe 90 Watt Heated Motorcycle Jacket Liner - Cruiser Gear

Something else good to git

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/60/950/ITEM/Battery-Tender-Junior-Charger.aspx
  5. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

well done enjoy!!!!!:cool:
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

410 mile test ride...atta boy:cool: Your perception of lack of throttle response could be the fairing and extra weight of the bagger...It would really have to be something to have the same response as a hopped up Sporty....What do you think of the apes??
    Oh yeah, heated gear is for wimps;):roflmao:
    Man JB...it's a sweet ride,congrats:D
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I've been following this thread and enjoying it a lot. You bagger fellas tickle me with all the gizmo's you like to have. I have no doubt that a bagger is a great motorcycle, and the very best way to go long distances. Johnny, the pics of your new bike show what great shape the bike is in for a 10 year old machine. I am very happy for you, bro! And for Hot Rider, too!

You guys are making me think I'm gonna be miserable on my hard tail, kick start bobber! I sure hope not, especially with my iffy back the way it is now. But I do have a contingency plan if that turns out to be the case. It is this: 1) I can always buy an aftermarket soft tail frame, and 2), I can always add a starter. Those would be concessions I would be willing to make so I could keep riding - I mean, after all, the whole point is to RIDE!

Good luck, JohnnyBiker - ride safe!
  8. MO tex

MO tex New Member

nice bike JB hope you keep your sporster for when you want to go fast!!!!!
  9. MO tex

MO tex New Member

joshbob you have a nice chopper do what ever it takes to make it comftable and ride the hell out of it. i would hate to lose another chopper jocky to the bagger boy club. im not trying to dis the bagger guys just trying to support the chopper jockys because they are faiding away
  10. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I think he said he was gonna keep his Sporty.
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Dude your just getting started :D. Once you get the fever it's all over.;)
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

This bike has cams so I am assuming it is a 95 inch?
  13. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Good looking bike JB. Bet you had a blast riding it home... ENJOY!! :)
  14. JohnnyBiker

No, this bike is still an 88 ci. I will leave it for awhile to see how it performs overall. I do not want to get into too big of a rush. I need to get a good season of riding in before I decide what it is that I want to do. I also bought an extended warranty so I just may let the warranty elapse before I change things. I just am not sure, a lot too think about at this point. :)

Thanks MC, more to come too with me actually on the bike. :cool:
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Just park your tail in the seat and ride it,
    there's always someone with a bigger engine
    louder pipes and more chrome.. who cares

Enjoy the new bike
  16. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Great year!

Now I have to scroll back through all these pages and look for the pics. :rolleyes:
  17. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Nice!!! Lots of extras.

I did the cams and the 95" at the same time, so I don't know which did the trick, but yeah, when I hit 5th gear and twist on the throttle, she flies.
  18. JohnnyBiker

Hey Brother, there is no way that I will get rid of my Sporty and not ride Whip. I love that bike.. That bike will forever be in the stable. :D:cool:
  19. JohnnyBiker

I agree that my comparison is off kilter but it is the only thing that I have to compare it with. Although I do think that the throttle response should be better.

I LOVE APE HANGERS!!! :cool::cool:
  20. JohnnyBiker

Hey JoshBob, ride what it is that you like man, that is all that matters. I like my Sporty and I like this Road Glide. BTW, the older guys here like all of thos gizmo's, not me. A radio is good enough for me and I will most likely switch that out with a better one, or not?? At this point I am just not sure what, if anything I am going to do to this bike. :D OL, CardBoard is just having fun looking at YouTube and surfing for parts so I will let him do that. To tell the truth Josh, I still am a minimalist, I find beauty in less, and I think that this bike (Road Glide Custom) fits that bill, and especially this one.. :cool: