1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New TSA procedures

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 19, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I think its going to eventually back fire on the airlines who are not the ones who are doing it. This is eventually going to come to a head with some. A major law suit will happen eventually, its going to happen. When even the Stewardess of airlines are mistreated by the TSA searchers (its happening) they will be protesting and possibly looking for other employment. Who would want to go through that everytime you go to work.
    I agree with Ken this is not right in the way and manner its being done. Its like there punishing people for traveling.
    If my wife and I were traveling and they started fondling her I would probably be arrested because I would not stand for it. I really feel that there is going to be a major law suit coming by a passenger.
    I just can't believe the way honest Americans are being treated. The terrorist are also probably sitting back and laughing because they know that they are the ones who caused it all to happen.
    There has to be a better way and its not the way there doing it now. :angry:
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

They must know about something big that is going down and don't want to throw the public into a scare.
    Really feel pretty strong about it. Or they wouldn't be going threw all this all of a sudden.
    The man ain't gonna tell you everything or why they are doing it.

Look at the Boomb in the toner cartridge last week that came from Syria.
    That was a test for something bigger.
    And they must be on to something and watchin for it.
    But don't know how to really do it yet.
    They must suppect somebody from the middle east of strappin something to themselves.
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

cardboard - I'm sure you're right, that there are indications of an upcoming event, but the actions the TSA are taking are BS because they will not be effective in preventing the attack. The TSA actions are most likely being done in such an extreme manner so that after the next attack the TSA/Gov can say "well, we really tried". Even though what they are trying is friggin' useless.

There are stories I could tell, if only....we didn't used to operate this way. Sigh.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't agree nothing is going on today any different than yesterday.

They are coming to light because of the underwear bomber.

It's another reason to keep Americans in fear
    and allow the government to move forward
    in further eroding your rights...
  5. FLHTbiker

Common Cardboard making a crippled old women to stand up by TSA employees holding her up so they can run their hands under her dress. :rolleyes:
  6. cardboard

Don't know about that.
    But what if somebody like Alkida had yer family at bay taken hostage. And they tell you to do something or they are gonna kill yer whole family.
    What would you do.
    We can't even find Osama bin Laden man.

Think they might be trying to cover all bases.
    Don't think its meant for us to know.
    I got a buddy that his son is up in the TSA I should try to call them.
    But they are gonna have to learn from all this and come up with some better procedures to make people happy and safe at the same time.
    And that's gonna take time.
    But if we quit trying to be secure were gonna have the people from the middle east try more and more things.
    And you know all this is costin a lot of money.

Botttom line. What you gonna do nothin.
  7. FLHTbiker

Probable quit flying like a lot of people are talking about doing. I wouldn't make for a good candidate getting groped by some finger happy *** TSA dude. :fight::cussing:
  8. cardboard

My wife & her sister flew in from Albq last nite. She said you show yer ID and then go into a secure area. So to git in the secure area they know who you are.
    She said they went threw the body scanner. then there was 4 people standing there to pat her down.
    She walked forward and a lady that pats em down let her stand there about 30 seconds and said you can do.
    However they did pat another lady.
    She said she said she seen them pad another lady down. And it wouldn't bother her. She is grown and could care less if they pat her down as long as she don't have to worry about gittin on the plane and knowing somebody might be a terriorist.
    All she wants to know is she is safe.
    Said if yer younger it might bother you.
    But the way they did it was't really that bad.:rant:
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I think its only fair if as a moderator you can call me a sheet head I can call you a pathetic moderator.

Dude I'm trying to help this forum by contributing my opinion which I don't feel is gospel, only to find the biggest jack wagon is a opinion stiffling moderator, come on. Thats not the Harley rider way, not as I know it anyways.

I'm sure you're probably a well meaning person in real life.

You don't like it you should consider stepping down as a moderator or realize peoples opinions will vary and that doesn't make them whiners/complainers.

While America is still the best place to live, its needs a lot of tweaking.

And Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  10. badinfluence63

I bet you would discover you'd like it more then you'd admit.:roflmao:

11. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

Deleted
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  12. cardboard

So you can speak Italian. Big Deal. We Speak English.

BI63, do not waste time insulting the fool from the city. You are an older rider. You live by the principles over the generations. As you have referred to the inn in alcoholics? This man is a buffoon. He lost the big red nose and shoes of the circus.
  13. badinfluence63

Chico...Accosentito.

14. cardboard

What is being said is of no interest to anybody on the forum.
    It is a bunch of DRama like a bunch of little girls.
    We don't need Drama.

Nothin constructive is coming out of this either.
    Only bring a bad name for yerself on this forum.
    You are in the House of other folks and I don't think they appreciate what is going on.
    Find something to talk about that others are interested in .:rant:
  15. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hey ChuckTx, I think that you are one smart dude. The airlines are private business and have the right to make polices that ensure that not only their business is safe, but also their customers. I look at it like this, I have nothing to hide, so therefore if you want to search me, I have no problem with that.

Is possible that people are more upset that it now will take longer to get to the place that they need to go? I remember when the airlines said that you have to be there at least 2 hours before your flight because of the extra security. How many people bittched then?
  16. JohnnyBiker

Thank the people that decided to use airplanes as weapons to kill innocent people. :witsend:
  17. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Now that is some funny Shiit!!
  18. cardboard

Johnny Please !

You on a Roll ain't you.:rolleyes:
  19. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I agree!!!!!! :D I feel like I'm back in high school where everybody is bigger and better then the other person! For real, I don't know what the issue is but there is really no need to be posting different languages out in the forrum. All of us are proud to be who we are. I'm not a bad a$$ biker chick, I'm just a chick that likes to ride bikes in my spare time with my hubby and spend time with my children. Really? I don't care whose a poser, a bad a$$ biker, or what you are, if that's what makes you happy then so be it. There just seems to be a lot of bull sheet going on and it is crazy, I thought we were all adults and here just to have fun and get knowlegde on bikes when needed.
  20. cardboard

Thank You Very Much.
    You reply was greatly appreciated