1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New TSA procedures

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 19, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Hey CB,

thanks for saying how it is man, I appreciate it.:cool:
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Agreed, lets not get started again on the bologna.
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Not trying to get a debate here like the one that has been going on.

But know I said I have a buddy who's son works for the TSA.
    Asks him about the new procedures in place. And said I believe the federal goverment knows something they are not telling us since they found the
    b o m b in the toner cartridge in the UPS plane.
    He was asking if I heard about the plane crash that the terriorist claimed they caused in was it Dubai. I said I missed it.
    Think this might be the article.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Blotter/wireStory?id=12069108

A reply was also made that the xray machines will not pick up explosives like C-4 and all on the forum.
    He was explainin that they are trained in ways to look at how much a person should weigh, and how big they are.
    And the exray machine will show something up as Organic lookin instead of explosives. That is another reason they pat people down.
    They are not told a lot on why, just trained to do the job.
    He said the xray machines for luggage are much stronger.
    But in so many words they think the terriorist might try something in the months to come.
    And he believes that if the terriorist do something new that it will be something other than flying airplanes into buildings.
    Something like a biological attack or something.
    Nobody knows what they might do. But they are expecting something.
    And they want to make it as safe for everybody as they can.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I am glad that you post this and said what you did. When it comes to these things, I am ok with sacrificing convenience for safety. Is it not ironic that the most of us want to be safer, and we look to the government to make this happen, then when the do, we all yell about constitutional rights? hey I do not want the government in my life as much as possible, but why is it that we forget that these searches are happening within the industry that was used to bring our country to its knees?

If you want to be angry about these searches, that is everyones right as an American, if you are not an American, who cares what you think! In this small way, I thank the government for not telling me everything that is going on, what kind of life is living in fear all of the time.

Again, Thanks CB, your post was appreciated.

Johnny:biker:
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep cardboard thats some good info , where my wife works there adding a little extra training as well for the local F Dept & leos she can't say much or realy doesent know & there more to it then many above her are saying or can say
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The way my buddy's son was hehawing around kinda sounded like hes not suppose to say very much. I've know him since he was a kid. But he has rules he has to live by.
    Its kinda like talkin to my wifes brother who while in the AirForce was a Full Bird Coneral. I would ask him someting and he would stand there like I had said nothin.
    Because he couldn't say nothing.