1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

NRA Press Conference

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 22, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Laws were in Place that certain folks couldn't have guns. Those laws were broke and somebody got hurt. But since you can't prosecute the dead, we will make more gun laws to come down on the folks who has done nothing wrong and put stiffer penatilites on them
    This is WRONG
    I think there is something fishey about this whole thing.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Many of these executive so called orders are stupid. None of that will make anyone safer especially kids in a school. Didn't read or hear nothing that says we need to curb the violent video games or the extremely violent movies and TV shows. This guy is once again campaigning and that's all.
  3. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

O wants to be king and do whatever HE wants....period.

Gun controls SHOULD be as simple as:

#1) If you commit any violent crime with a gun, you get the death sentence.

#2) If someone else commits any crime using YOUR guns--life sentence for you unless your guns were stolen. Stolen guns MUST be reported.

#3) If you have guns, YOU are the person responsible if they are used in a crime.

#4) Self defense shootings (law of the West) are exempt.

These will make every gun owner think hard about not having their guns properly locked up, and punish only the idiots--not ALL gun owners. An ounce of prevention will make a ton of difference.
  4. cardboard

You can lock up your guns. Then when you are sittin watchin TV or eatin and they kick the door open. Tell me what then.
    That is exactly what some customers of mine asked when it happened to them and they were beat and pistol whipped, and robbed .
    It should be if you break into a mans house and steal a gun, they will cut yer hand off for the 1st offense.,
    If you use a stolen gun and shoot somebody, you go directly to the slammer.
    Then they can set a court date for you.
    We do not need to restrict peoples rights. If a gun is locked in a house, that should be good enough.
    Ain't burglary a crime ?
    Breaking into a home is a automatic 20 yrs on a chain and ball, and a 50,000 fine. The criminals need to know capital punishment
    Its a federal crime to rob a bank. Do you have any idea how many banks we had robbed last year.
    Not to mention how many the police has already chased this year
  5. alex the dog

My definition of a death sentence verdict is for "violent crimes" committed with a gun. You can still kill someone with a club or rock and plead insanity. Law abiding gun owners don't do these things.

If someone breaks into your home and steals your guns, you better report it!

All I'm trying to say is, if you have guns--keep them safely locked up for only YOU to use. It is your constitutional right, but you need to be responsible for them.
  6. cardboard

All I'm trying to say, unless you have kids. If somebody breaks into your house and you are there, you do not have time to get them unlocked and use them.
    I did locksmith , safe work for over 40 yrs.
    You need a gun besides you.
    When they have been kickin in the doors in Houston, 4 people at a time have been coming in.
    If you have a gun safe. They will stick a gun to your head and ask you one time to open it. Then they shoot somebody, next time they shoot you.
    If you are not home, I've seen them yank the gun safes from the floor and tote them off. Don't ask me how.
    What is your decision.
    I've done work for the people who didn't believe in guns,and for the ones that had them locked up.
    Its your life not mine.
  7. FLHTbiker

So CB,get yourself a small gun to keep in your pocket. That way if they break in while your watching TV you can just simply shoot em.
  8. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Tell the intruder to wait while I get my gun out of the safe. Really. I believe you have to keep guns and ammo separate and locked away from children, but with no children in my house I should be able to keep my guns any way I want even though most are in my Browning gun safe. Anybody that would go into a house and take a gun is the criminal period, not the person who had the gun just laying out in his house. Punish the criminals not gun owners.
  9. cardboard

Kids are not allowed in my House unless they are with their parent and they can't leave the living room and they have to not make noise and their parent must know that. Otherwise they can't come in. I have a small house. Its 8" up on stills, I don't have no place to out a gun safe. Nor do I want one. I want my gun where I can get to it easily
    I have a trilogy push button lock on the front door. Everytime the door shuts it automatically locks. Its a 700.00 lock
    My weapon is sittin on the coffee table besides me, and on the dresser beside the bed. If a intruder comes in , I got a 100lb lab that will great them 1st,
    Then I will take over.
    I have signs up. NO trespassing. Private property, Keep Off.
    You should of read the signs.
    If your kid comes in my yard, I will ask him to read the signs. I have too many tools downstairs in the garage and things for a kid to git hurt on.
  10. cardboard

Got Rid of my Pocket pistols. Don't like them. Not gettin another one.
  11. FLHTbiker

Different strokes for different folks :p
  12. alex the dog

Cardboard, if you have that problem of bad guys breaking down the door, just keep a 12 ga. shotgun or a .45 by your side at all times. Your dog is for early warning unless he's dead.

But you KNOW you should keep all the rest of your guns locked up, or at least have trigger locks on each one. If not, you're just contributing to the problem.
  13. cardboard

Live in the country, got a 45 by my side, but I also got other guns in the house too.
    My guns not locked up is not the problem. The problem is the people wanting to break into a home and steal the guns. Don't blame me cause nobody wants to attack the problem of Thieves. I won't accept it.
  14. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Mine is loaded and,if not on my person,is within arms reach ALWAYS. OR what's the point?. No kids around. If there was kids around it would be on my person ALL the time. That makes it secured.
  15. cardboard

I was a locksmith for a little over 40 yrs. I went to homes and business installing locks and safes.
    I have seen over and over where a person breaks into your home with you there. They find your safe and ask you to open it. And you will open it.
    They come in with metal detectors and find it when its even hid. These guys ain't dumb.

I seen in the automotive industry when they started with the chips in keys so you couldn't steal a car as easily.
    What did that do for you. It stated car jacking. Now since they can't get the car started anymore. They approach you with a weapon and say give me your keys. If you don't, they shoot you.
    You can talk all the BS you want to about what I should or shouldn't do.
    But realize. I was in the industry from 69 till about 5 yrs ago. I know what goes on and what happens.
    People can fill your heads full of excuses just like the People up north are doing trying to get gun laws passed.
    There is a law that breaking into somebodys home is a criminal offense.
    Catch the folks doing it and make harsher penalities for them.
  16. FLHTbiker

I keep a 45, 9mm and a 40 close by but all the other guns are locked in a gun safe. When I'm not home the ones I'm not carrying are also locked up. Why let your guns be vulnerable to thieves when your not there. Besides if you let them steal them because you won't lock them up when not at home then you are contributing to the problem.
  17. cardboard

Wait till you come home, and somebody is sittin in or outside yer house and find you have a gun safe.
    Seen it hundreds of times before. Keep yer money in the bank
    Hid yer guns.

Funny how everybody knows more than a dude that was in the security field for 40 yrs.

Sound like Mr. Obama tryin to get me to listen to him
  18. FLHTbiker

What you don't carry at all times?
  19. cardboard

Here's where I live, see any threat
    [​IMG]
  20. FLHTbiker

Hmmm, the guy with the camera :eek::roflmao::roflmao:

But you guys do have gators, wild hogs (not the movie) big hogs, :D ( but they got them in every state) big snakes,
    Poison water snakes, killer bees, skeeters that carry you off, Poison spiders and so on. :D