1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Off my back porch

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I guess the snow has killed off the Skeeters

:D
  2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I'm sorry! it must have followed me:roflmao: we had snow here in lake jackson also, there was also snow at work in freeport and thats only 6 miles from the gulf. ashley the skeeters are already back
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

WOW, we had a inch of snow overnight :eek: and the temps will be in the 20's all week. :gah: This is just unacceptable as its to cold. Gee, I rode the bike yesterday down to the HD dealer a little rain but not bad.
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

40 below here..brrrr ..going to be working night no riding till spring.
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Very cold here today with about 4" of snow. Got down to 5 degrees this morning and is only up about 17 now, highs will be in the 20's until Thursday, snow off and on.
  6. steveb

steveb Active Member

Where are you at that it will be 40 below ? I am in Minnesota and it is only supposed to be 20 below here.
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Up in Calgary Alberta..hi temp is around minus 30 Celcius which isn't far from your minus 20 but it's windy and the chill is minus 40..which is pretty close to even steven..It gets reeeal cold where you're at.
    I work in a plant that has a lot of machinery that is outside exposed to the elements..it's gonna be a long few nights out on the roof.
  8. steveb

steveb Active Member

The cold air up by you is coming our way tonight. It has been a rain and snow mix all day. The wind is supposed to blow 30 to 40 mph tonight out of the north. The temp. is supposed to drop to 20 below tonight , with a high of 0 tomorrow
  9. FLHTbiker

Well we had a total of 4 inches at our house today and the temp at our house is right now at 23 F and maybe in the teens tonight. :gah: That is really cold for us. We got bored today so we jumped in the 4X4 Dodge and took off for Home Depot. Two cars in the ditch, one upside down. We made the 5 mile trip mostly steep hills there and back. Getting back home was OK but getting up our steep driveway in 4X4 low we still almost didn't make it up. :cussing:

Tore out the bathroom sink and faucet and installed the new sink, faucet and new plumbing lines.

First picture looking down the driveway.
    Second looking up coming back from Home Depot

Attached Files:

10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

-31 just a bit chilly:banghead: thats what i get for laughin at the texas snow
    stoked up the stove and played in the shop, back to salty today for work
  11. nightster09

nightster09 New Member

The arctic blast is well upon us here in Nebraska also. Snow started rolling in early this morning, and is expected to continue falling until late tonight. Saturday it was 60 degrees and yesterday we were lucky if the temp was -5, with the wind chill well below that! Guess the bikes going to be parked for sure now for a while. Although one of my co-workers did see a rider out this morning fighting the snow and cage drivers. Credit or swift kick to the head??!?
  12. FLHTbiker

Were expecting more snow or freezing rain Wednesday. My steep driveway got to be such a problem turning to ice that my pickup couldn't stop going down and almost went into the ditch on the other side. :eek: Went and bought a bag of salt. :gah:
    Now there talking possibly up to a foot by Sunday or more freezing rain or maybe even both? :witsend:
  13. SK

SK New Member

Had snow on The Strip here in Las Vegas yesterday, and it was falling in my backyard pretty heavy for awhile. I'd like to have seen the tourists faces watching the Bellagio fountains dancing to "It's starting to look a lot like Christmas" yesterday while the snow was falling.
  14. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'd like to see how the locals are handling it..I think it would have been rather neat to see the fountains at the Bellagio with the snow. What the heck, it's Christmas.
  15. Thunder99

Thunder99 New Member

Saw that Malibu Beach had half an inch of snow. :wtf: Bet they thought the world was ending. :roflmao:
  16. FLHTbiker

Well were in a white out right now and the temps are still low 20's. Its been snowing hard all day and its snowed 8 inches at my place today and their talking blizzard conditions. They just closed I-84 just east of Portland and chains are now required for all vehicles including 4X4's in the entire Portland area. We'll probably loose power as there expecting freezing rain tonight. I have not seen a winter storm this bad sense I was a kid, so much for global warming.
    Looks like a white Christmas for sure this year, never had one here that I can remember. Road conditions are packed snow and ice and looks like if I want to ride I'm going to have to figure out how to put skies on the bike. :gah:
  17. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

well for x mas here were supposed to have a high of 76
  18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i went for a ride last night , great weather light jacket no gloves rode about 75 miles stop for a cool one & then to the wal-mart for some small stuff got in about 1130 pm got up this morning & it was about 40 degrees:rant: & ain't got any better down to about 29 tonight :eek:
  19. Thump '63

Thump '63 New Member

Wuss

Damn if I have to wear my heavy jacket this AM.:fight: Here's to all of you a safe and Merry Christmas and a,hope beyound hope, a better New Year. Thump
  20. FLHTbiker

Just got back on-line today after several days with no power and no heat. Trees came down taking out 5 utility poles by our place. Got the chains on the Dodge 4X4 and almost didn't make it up the driveway, had to make a run for some supplies. Temps down to 19 last night and the Portland metro area in some counties and cities were declared in a state of emergency. Its snowing hard again today and expecting another 5-8 inches on top of the 24 inches we already have. One of my friends called and said well yea think will be able to do the Polar Bear ride this year, hahaha maybe on a snow mobile.:rolleyes:
    Were not supposed to get this kind of weather. They're saying its the worst snow storm for the last 40 years or century. So enjoy your rides even if it gets down to the point that you have to wear a jacket.

Couple of pic's and one is the wife cooking in the garage on the camp stove. Chuck check out what were using for cooking carts.

Attached Files: