1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

oil light on

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, May 28, 2014.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Lucifer, also I have the stock cam out & there's no color dot on , so I counted the teeth & both the stock & EV 27 have the same number of teeth , in my parts book it has different part numbers for the pinion gears by color of dot
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep tighten up the quinch with that .030 and it will run good
  3. cowboy

I have them on my parts list now .030 head gaskets ,I emailed Andrews today about a pinion gear to match the cam gear on the new cam , since I need one any way just as well get it from them
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Project is moving along nicely?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  5. cowboy

slow but sure LOl , but it will be right
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  6. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

How's the new tinset coming, or just one project at a time to get you back to riding?
  7. cowboy

the tins are slow but sure , I've been trying to deal with Government offices on two different kids , , But there making there way up the list
  8. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Perfection takes time.
  9. cowboy

10. cowboy

well I heard back from Andrews cams & they said to just get a pinion gear for the blue dot , what the bake came with a red dot from what I'Am told , no color dots on cam or gear & Andrews don't make or sell the pinion gear , so off to the dealer tomorrow I hope with both the new & old cam & broken tooth pinion gear , Then I'll try to fit a call into cal phil & see what I can get from him
  11. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Good idea to take both cams...you know a blue dot pinion gear will fit right with your stock cam gear and you can swap cam gears if the Andrews cam gear is too loose or tight...
  12. cowboy

so I stopped in my local indy before going 30 miles to a dealer , he's honing both jugs , order the new rings getting the pinion gear &cam bearing said tomorrow for me he'll have it all ready , then my sons father-in-law stopped by & said he has a buddy who can do the heads right new shop between my place & my sons place , F-I-L said the guy builds H D's & cars so my sons getting the info on just where the shop is at & he said I can use his name for the family deal LOL so I'll have a talk with the shop & see before my heads go anywhere
  13. cowboy

Got my jugs back today he said that's about the last hone it will take without piston slap
  14. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

the color codes are on the gears for size to make the correct mesh. when I did my 94 wide glide at low mileage, gears were still mint. When talking to different cam manufacturers most said ( this will work) talked to Craig at Black Widow Cams and he said ( simple, send me your cam and I will press your gear on my blank and then grind cam). Sturgis Stomp, it was great power at 10.5 and light bike. He can still grind an Evo cam as far as I know if you were to call.