1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

One reason I carry a gun

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jan 19, 2007.

1. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Saw that one!

Voodoo,
    I was at the gun show this weekend and saw the very Keltec you're talking about! Yep, she folds up into nice neat little package alright. Kinda curious how she shoots though...you'll have to post the results of range practice once you get it and have a chance to squeeze off a few!
  2. Goose

Goose New Member

That'd either be an Ithaca M37 or a Browning BPS. If it's got a tang safety it's the Browning. If it's got a cross bolt safety, it's an Ithaca.

I shoot left handed and the empties ejecting don't bother me. They don't even come close to hitting and I just ignore it, fixed on the target. I even shoot right handed bolt guns left handed. Just grew up shooting that way. I taught myself to shoot left handed about 8 years old with my Benjamin pellet rifle. I have extreme astigmatism and can't see squat out of my right eye, about 20/70 corrected. My left eye is 20/15 corrected.

I don't care too much for the Remington 870. I like the Ithaca and Browning a LOT, very smooth actions. I prefer tang safeties, also, being left handed. A tang safety is much handier for a lefty than a cross bolt. The Mossberg, while it ejects out the right side, has a tang safety. My pump is a 28" camo Mossberg I've used for duck and goose hunting for about 15 years now.

I've seen the KT autos. If I got one, I think I'd want it in .223 just because I don't have a .223. I carry a KT P11 9mm pistol everywhere, fits in a pocket, carrys 11 rounds of +(, pretty handy as back up or primary and very accurate. Some folks don't like the DA trigger, but I'm an old revolver shooter. I haven't fired the rifles, though, but they sure look handy.

I have one other hunting firearm that stashes in the bags fine, a Contender pistol. I have a .30-30 scoped barrel with which I deer hunt, have taken five so far with it. I have a .22 barrel I squirrel hunt with, a .45 Colt/.410 I just got because it's fun, and a 7mm TCU barrel I used in IHMSA metallic silhouette competition for a while until I got bored of it. Contenders are way cool hunting systems.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  3. SK

SK New Member

Well..I ain't lookin for any trouble, but I'll contact you ahead of time about the stuff you just mentioned as I'll be camping as much as possible and the mountains sound good. I'll have my little dachshund riding bitch (he's actually a bastard..literally :D ) in his little cage. He's no trouble..really, and I ain't leaving him home for 6-8 weeks I'll be gone. Any way..I can't wait. Just gotta bear down and get through the next couple of months and graduate. Gonna be hell in Feb-Mar with the extra clinicals, but April will ease up into finals. I'll be partying hardy come May and most of the Summer. Don't plan on working til end of Summer if I can help it. Thank God for my investment paying the bills right now. Got my Passport and ready to travel!
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Goose, you sure know your weapons! I wish I had that much knowledge about them. I have a Savage .22 long bolt action that I bought for varmint removal, (and that cat if he keeps pissin on my truck tires.....God help that little sombitch if he EVER pisses on my bike, I'll do him right in the driveway!) Anyway, it's a nice little piece, nice and quiet with the cb's in it, and accurate as hell at about 30 yds, 5 shots within a 1-1/2" circle the first time I ever fired her. (That was leaning out my dining room door free hand) I will look into those other two, like I said it's been at least a couple months since I looked at that pump. BTW, the only thing I would ever hunt would have 2 legs anyway.......:eek: If I don't eat it, I won't shoot it. (except for that f**&*g cat) Thanks for the advice!

Yo Jim, It is a neat little piece too isn't it? My plumber bought one and he says it's pretty cool. That's coming from a guy who's got an absolute arsenal in his house, from military M1's, AK's, AR15's, tommy guns, etc, etc.....He's a little bit of a nut....could ya tell?
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  5. Goose

Goose New Member

Yeah, I got an old Remington M512X .22 bolt gun I keep the tube mag filled with about 6 or 8 .22 CB shorts for the same reason, vermin. It ain't stray cats, it's a pack of feral dogs and the occasional possum I have to get out of the yard.

Bought my daughter a beat up old Olds Cutless when she started driving to get her to school and such. She came in one morning said she turned the key and nothing happened. I went out, had her unlock the hood, raised it, and there was a rat under there building a nest that had gnawed through the wiring. She ran out on the opposite fender and stood there. I took the NAA mini revolver out of my pocket and shot the thing off the fender. ROFLMAO! So, I then had to splice about 20 wires. :angry: But, I got my revenge.

SK, the Chisos basin will be cool in the summer. Time of year you're riding through there it'll be over 100 in the desert and highs will be in the 80s and lows down right cool in the basin camp ground. They have a restaurant there, gas, showers, etc, etc, even a motel, but the motel requires reservations well ahead of time. I would definitely camp there, but don't leave the dog out. A bear might get hungry. LOL There's a lot of skunks that roam at night, but they're pretty used to the tourists. Safe in a tent, but I had one of 'em crawl over me in a sleeping bag one night and I sorta didn't appreciate it, got up and slept in the back seat of the car the rest of the night, LOL. They have poles for any edibles you have to hang your food from a rope out of reach of roaming bears.
  6. hookvnv

hookvnv New Member

f...ing cat

voodoochild if that cat gets out to far i got the perfect rifle for ya and its for sale 300 win.magon a 70 winchester featherwieght action.now that better then at&t when you want to reach out and touch someone or thing. as you say KA--POW bye bye kitty....hook what a mess lol
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Hook, right now I have my buddies M1 at my house, it's brand new. I'm making a new stock for it. I'm sure I can get that little bastard with that, problem is I will probably wake the dead when it fires though! :D