1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Opinions Comments on the V-Rod

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gutierg, Oct 8, 2007.

1. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Chucktx,

You certainly know how to get everyone all bothered with the ladies! Good job, they are cool!

Regarding your comment about deals on 07 left overs, I'd like to investigate it in more detail. Here in New Jersey, I am already being told that they do not have any leftovers, and that they are very hard to come by. I think that is a bunch of BS, but sales people are not to be taken very seriuosly, they are under orders from management to get the customer on the most expensive bike they can sell, thereby their comments.

Once again, the technology behind the bike and its looks, is the way forward for the Motor Company, as to why they have not installed one of these engines in some of the other models is beyond me. We shall see.

Regards,
    German
  2. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Looks uglier than Hell... JMHO!!!:)
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

If I had enough money and a big garage, I'd buy a V-Rod. I wouldn't have it as my only bike. I'd stay away from the Nightrod model; very uncomfortable and unstable at low speeds. The Streetrod is very comfortable and fun to ride, except that they still haven't figured out how to manage the exhaust on the right lower leg. If you wear cowboy or engineer boots that are high on your calf, you should be fine. If you're one of those shorts and sneaker riding kind of guys - forget about it.

Everyone said I looked really hot on the V-Rod, so that didn't hurt my opinion either.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  4. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Thanks for the comment and I understand that not everyone is into this ride. I will keep this in mind when I have a closer look tomorrow.

Regards,
    German
  5. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Hot01,

I have been given the same advice, the nightrod is truly a hot rod and a serious departure for the Motor Company as far as the bling factor is concerned. I am after the VRSCA V-Rod. So I don't know what your thoughts are there.
    No, I am a safety freak, Bohn Armor Pants high leather boots and reinforced vented riding jackets, none of that short and sneakers deal. I'm not out there to look cool, I just want to be safe.

Glad to know that you looked good on the bike!!

Regards,
    German
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

FWIW if you are over 5'10" tall you might find the bike a bit cramped to ride.

Had one for a day, a blast, very fast 139ish on the speedo :rolleyes:

However the riding position for the foot pegs were too far back for me, bars are down tight, speedo and tach require reading glasses if you are over 50 LOL

Small gas tank means lots of stops, but I think they fixed that I was on one of the original bikes.

Lots of fun, smooth, not much TQ on the bottom end which they fixed with gears.

If you are going to cruise get the bags and the windshield makes a big difference.

JMO A heritage softail classic or road king makes a better sport touring package.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

abby, you would look hot riding a broom!!!!!!!:D ;)
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Here is a picture of the bike that I chose over the V-rod. 07 Heritage Springer. No regrets either, love this bike.

Attached Files:

9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:roflmao: Chuck! Thanks for the ego boost.

I was wondering if German is aware that I'm a chick.
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Oh FLHT, will you marry me? I would love to have that bike in exactly that color. I thought it was called the Springer Classic though.
  11. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

FLHT Good Lokin Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!:D How far are you from Eugean OR?
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  12. FLHTbiker

In a heartbeat girl, except you would probably be gone all the time on the Springer. :D

It is called the Heritage Springer Classic I just abbreviated it a bit. Was surprised however that HD discontinued them.
  13. FLHTbiker

I'm about a 100 miles north of Eugene Oregon
  14. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

My Wifes sister lives in Eugean she is an OBGYN nurse. We are planning a ride next summer up your way may stop in and visit?

Tiny:D
  15. FLHTbiker

Let me know when
  16. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Hot01,

Yes I knew that when I checked your profile. I am still glad you looked hot on V-Rod, maybe I'll get it and let you ride it. That way I can have a picture of a hot chick on my bike???

Regards,
    German
  17. gutierg

gutierg New Member

FLHTbiker,

I have another question for you and the forum?

How come you can not request from Harley that the frame be painted the same color as that of the fenders and gas tank. Is this only done for the CVO bikes only?

I have a friend that works for PPG inside of the York, PA assembly plant, he went on to explain that becasue the frames are powder coated, they are only working on black frames only, but it may be considered in the future.

Perhaps Harley should listen to the customer's requests sometime? What do you think?

Regards,
    German
  18. gutierg

gutierg New Member

FLHTbiker,

Very nice ride indeed. How many miles on that machine? I guess you guys have far more open roads in Oregon, than us poor souls here in the East Coast?

Regards,
    German
  19. FLHTbiker

We have a great deal of open roads here in Oregon and thousands more here in the Northwest. I think the bike now has about 5,000 miles on it sense I bought it last June. My Ultra gets most of the miles put on it.
  20. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Just to provide an update to everyone on the forum, I have made up my mind and decided to bite the bullet on a new VRSCAW V-Rod. I am scheduled to pick it up this coming Thursday afternoon. Hopefully, weather will hold up, so I can ride it from PA to NJ. Finding a V-Rod in New Jersey has become a task as oppose to a pleasure. Went to Dean's HD and those guys were simply amazing. As a result I road tested one for about 40 miles in one of the windiest days, I have ever ridden. Can not say enough about it. I was sold on the spot.

I have selected a Candy Red Sunglow for my new bike, I went with this, because a Super Glide in the delaership with the same color, made me realize how cool looking it would be. I am adding some more bling to it, and I am pretty sure, I am keeping the Harley Classic flavor on a bike, where everyone seems to think, it is not a Harley. I will post images later.

In the meantime, I am adding the HD Official image as a preview.
    Regards,
    German

Attached Files: