1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Opinions Comments on the V-Rod

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gutierg, Oct 8, 2007.

1. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

German, I agree with Slim, it still says H-D on the side, regardless of what others may say, and it's still a nice lookin bike..It might not be everybody's taste, but that's why we all ride different models and customize to suit our needs....And, by the way, I don't own half the state, just a very small portion of it! :D
  2. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

how could a bike look that awesume and not look harley:gah: one hell of a harley if you ask me:devil:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree that is one nice looking ride and I like the forward controls.;)
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

And just think, he has double the HP as a TC88 right out of the box....I'll have to spend 3-4K to get the same HP numbers...:cool:
  5. SK

SK New Member

Could be because an air-cooled engine has less tolerance than a water-cooled engine, per what CD has told us in the past.

Congrats on the V-Rod. If I were ever to own a Harley, the V-Rod is my favorite that HD makes. I see that engine as the future. Put one in a bagger and that might be my bike when I get old. :D
  6. SK

SK New Member

You could also get a Yamaha FZ1 that's half the cost of the V-Rod with more power and better handling to boot. It's not a HD, but I could use the extra $8k for a lot of things.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep and you could get yer wife cubic zirconia on her wedding ring but that's not the real thing and she'll know the difference between the real deal and a cheap imitation, and you'll get no nookey!:roflmao:
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I agree with both HRK and SK.....either way with one or the other, I'd still be dead!!:roflmao:
  9. FLHTbiker

:bicker: :brick:
  10. FLHTbiker

Here is another bike I really like but it is and its not a Harley. :rocket_bike: :wtf:
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

buell............
  12. FLHTbiker

I think it would be a different and fun bike. It could never take the place of my SE Ultra or Springer but would still be a fun bike. There are tons of roads here that you would never take a street bike on but could take a bike like this on and spend all day traveling in the Cascade Mtn Range or the secondary roads in the Pacific Coast Mtn Range. Simply lots of possibilities and endless secondary roads. Man look at all the fishing holes you could ride into. :D
  13. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

excellent:D very well put. could not agree more
  14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i would think a dual purpose bike would be very cool.....especially where i live!!.................(remember, they wont deliver mail to where i live):)
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Those dual purpose are neat but you need the inseam height of a nba player to flat foot them, I'd be concerned on rough terrain if you had to put a foot down to stay balanced, if you're not over 32 inseam you'd be in trouble LOL

BTW not against riding rice, nothing wrong with them so I was just poking fun at ya SK>;)
  16. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Skull2007, FLHTbiker, SK and Voodoochild,

Many thanks for your comments, really appreciate them guys. First and most of all, I did not want to get away from Harley at all! There could be faster, cheaper or even more expensive machinery out there, but it was not an HD. Need I say more?

Yes I have moved away from the classic look, but if you saw my images, I have made a sincere effort to keep it a classic Harley at heart.

Regarding the new water cooled engine, I have to say that HD is probably going to introduced this poweplant in another one of the many families. We all see everyday how S&S is continuosly increasing their size to power ratio, to make them more desirable, but I'll tell you that the Revolution engine, is at the low end of its power spectrum. It can probably make 150 HP or more if they continue to refine it. Now, it is not a matter of many ponies the Revolution engines makes vs. a TC88 or a new 96 ci motor, it is a matter of understanding engine performamnce and riding comfort. Face it and air cooled engine, will always run hot, no matter what you do, it will always vibrate some, but that is what Harleys are all about. Now, this new Revolution engine, not only makes a powerful statement about performance, but it will run a whole lot cooler and it does not vibrate at all, yet when you punch it, it makes a very particular racy sound.

I will keep on reporting later on, when I get an opportunity of putting some serious miles on the new bike.

Regards,
    German
  17. SK

SK New Member

I don't get this post. If you're saying anything except an HD is not the real thing..then I better not say what I think of that $&#@ thought. Because no one brand is better than another.
  18. FLHTbiker

Sense the home inspection business is dead this week I went out yesterday to pre-ride and map out our HOG Chapter ride for this Sunday. Yesterday was nice and sunny with a high of about 54 f. Today I took the springer out for a ride cloudy 50 F and it felt a good 10 degrees colder today, that sucks. :gah: Get home the phone is ringing again and 3 inspection lined up for next week with a commercial inspection this Friday. Get to inspect the 15,000 square foot Forest Service Ranger station buildings in Estacada that just sold. :wtf: That's right its got nothing to do with this thread except every bike no matter what brand is the ride choice of each individual who rides it. It really shouldn't matter who rides what just as long as your riding. Kevin, they had a FJR trade in at the Harley dealership the other day. I sat on it and not to bad a bike. No, I wouldn't want one for myself but you like it so that's OK with me.
    Hey I posted on our chapter web site the story of you Bob and myself chasing each other up the old Coronado trail in Arizona back in 05. That was a lot of fun. :D
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  19. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

What it all comes down to is LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE The air is free & it has no name on it , I like the yamaha Rode star silvarado , but I ride a HD E glide I don't care for the sporty bike at all two of my son's have owened them in the past I rode them both fast but not very comfy after about 5 miles :eek:
  20. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

the ride up the Coronado

Marc, that would be a good story to read....that was a great ride, I really enjoyed it.