1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Opinions Comments on the V-Rod

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gutierg, Oct 8, 2007.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Bob you or Kevin ever hear anything more about Dave, been wondering how he is doing.
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

haven't heard much of anything..just been silly busy. I think he's doing better.
  3. SK

SK New Member

I visited CD at his home in Tucson this past June and he seems to be doing pretty good. Retired life has taken the stress of the business off him and he seems to be doing better physically and enjoying himself and the grandkids. I don't think he takes much time to get on the computer anymore.
  4. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Well,

I certainly hope that Dave is doing ok. Seems to me that he is getting along very well, according to you fellows. Good for you Dave!!

Weren't we talking about V-Rods? Anyway, Dave is a good guy....I think? :D
    Probably you guys all were members of a fun riding group? I assume.

Regards,
    German
  5. SK

SK New Member

Yeah, we don't mean to diverge from the subject topic, but that happens. Sleepy (Bob), FLHTbiker (Marc) and I have been around with CD and ridden with him since before he started this board 10 years ago.

So how you liking that Vrod? Definitely my favorite HD.
  6. FLHTbiker

Yea I guess we all three do go back a long time. Its been fun most of those years.

I test rode a V-rod last year at the National HOG Rally in Billings Montana. Fast bike for sure but didn't like the riding position of the one I rode. Didn't have the one with forward controls. I still like my road sofa Ultra better, must be getting older. Good looking bike though.
  7. SK

SK New Member

The V-rod comes with or without forward controls? I've never liked forward controls as it compromises handling too much for me and puts all my weight on my butt, plus I'd have to have a backrest. I like the pegs underneath me as it feels more comfortable with weight distribution and allows me to control the bike better. I can ride all day long without a backrest on the FJR and my back doesn't bother me one bit.
  8. FLHTbiker

On the V-Rod that I test rode I hated the foot pegs on it. They were not the forward controls but the standard ones. They were simply to close for me and my legs were to crammed up. I constantly felt like I needed to stand up and stretch my legs out or stand up and pull the kinks out of my jeans were they were bunching up. I like the standard sitting position of my Ultra or as Sleepy puts it our Road sofas. :D
  9. gutierg

gutierg New Member

SK,

This particular model the VRSCAW V-Rod comes already equipped with forward controls. I wanted it that way, some of the other V-Rod models offer mid controls as well. I really think it is a matter of rider preference. If you feel more at ease with mid-controls, please by all means. I found the forward controls, very similar in feel, to those that were installed in my Low Rider originally, so in essence, no change for me. I am 5'-9" tall and for someone who is not very tall at all, I found a comfortable position. Taller riders may find the position on this bike difficult to adjust to.

Regards,
    German
  10. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

you're right about the preference thing. I'm not a fan of forward foot controls. I'm with SK on that, using highway pegs to stretch out is nice but I like my feet below me..I'm a hands first rider. The Vrod with mid controls [street rod?]is OK..but for the money, I'd rather keep the Ducati. Not as much power...[my bike at least] but nothing short of brilliant handling although it is a major PITA getting parts for..but as much as I love the Duc the EG is my fave.