1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ordered my lift today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 11, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We hang him from the front of the house every Christmas. He pulls a trailer behind. Put those blinking lights along the bottom of the Santa. Makes it look like its moving. Its made from a couple sheets of plywood. :)
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Look's like it went right in place , but that work bench look's worst then mine :D & santa is cool to
  3. FLHTbiker

I got 3 work benches and have done a lot of work on the main one. One is pretty much for storing crape on, like all the cordless tools and other stuff. Thats the one you can see in the photo's :)
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

ya know that with that nice clean blue lift the
    next project is going to be shelves and doors for
    the garage storage system

You are gonna have to clean that place up! LOL
  5. FLHTbiker

That was Low...
    My shop is organized. Shelving for all the chemicals and cabinets for larger tools and test equipment. One work bench I mainly use for all the cordless tools and chargers. Also keep the clean towels and shop towels stored on the upper portion of it.
    Another work area is for all the main fasteners and in the drawers are sand paper and body tools plus some reloading equipment. The cabinets are for larger tools (timing lights, automotive test equipment, battery chargers and other larger tools.
    The main work bench were I do most of my work is set up for that, working. Even keep my manuals their plus on its upper portion some small tools Torx drivers and a few screw drivers. I keep a box for old rags there along with plastic boxes with lids for washed and clean rags.
    My tool boxes are all organized inside. One drawer is dedicated to motorcycle extra parts and all the old motorcycle bolts, screws and special fasteners.
    I've got a couple of roll around carts for working and use the heck out of those.
    Back of the shop there is a 220 volt wire feed welder and gas torches. A wood stove for cold winter days when working in the shop. Couple refrigerators, one for beer and the other older one for storing my black powder in. I also store the motorcycle tent trailer in there as well, plus 3 bikes and my Miata plus the lift now.
    I've seen shops or garages were the place is spotless with cabinets and floors all painted but nothing ever used or the guy doesn't know one end of a wrench from the other. My shop gets used and its set up the way I like it.

Attached Files:

6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey don't take it personal, I haven't seen the counter top on my
    bench in a long time, I think it's grey, or blue, no it's grey I remember
    seeing it back in 08.....
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

y'all aint seen a mess yet.....i will post up pics of my mess............will take em tomorrow..
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

flht....your shop looks like one should look like...........used, mostly organized, and comfy!!!!
  9. FLHTbiker

Thanks Chuck, I'm not into fancy just funtional. I wished it was bigger but it works and I make the best of it.
  10. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

bigger an better then mine.

Hey, aint that lift on rollers now? Can you push it around?
  11. FLHTbiker

No rollers, and the thing is so heavy don't think I could even lift one end. Has bars that extend out at one end but no wheels.
  12. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

wow. sounds pretty sturdy.
    I got room for one but would have to put the wifes car out in the driveway. nope,, can't see that happenin :D
  13. FLHTbiker

The wifes car here is in her spot in the house garage, no way is she parking outdoors. She would park her motorcycle outside before her car. :rolleyes:
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Damn you shop look's clean compared to mine , hell I have to move everbodys junk just to get my bike out :cussing:,I would take pic's but afrade it would brake the camara :banghead: it seems that when the kids come over to do some work on there rides they just put everthing right inside my garage door ,& now my grandson is getting into the same habit :(