1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

No that we have power restored I was able to view the pics and yep Chuck is right very nice. Does sound like you guys had a lot of fun. Oh, JB I have been caught many times in a rain storm and hail storms without my rain gear but now carry it with me. Sounds like yea both got some good memories for years to come.:)
  2. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

we finally getting a little rain yesterday and today, been so long almost forgot how to operate the windshield wipers:roflmao:
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

yeah it was a very good time. When I get a bigger bike I will get the rain gear but for now I will live with getting wet when it happens. It was so awesome spending the day with just her in a place that we have never been before. A little extra special. :D
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Ours have been doing extra duty this year.:(
  5. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

No, Sibley, Iowa. 16 miles south of Worthington. Now I'm still in NW Iowa, but further west by about 30 miles, which puts me darn near in South Dakota, and just a bit further from MN. Still close enough to "spit".
  6. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

If the INS ever showed up there,, it'd be practically a ghost town. :gah::witsend::rant::cussing::angry::banghead:
    OK,,, I'm over it.:roflmao:
  7. JohnnyBiker

A lot of my moms family lives or has lived in Iowa. Eshterville was the main concentration... That wa my first time being in
    Worthington.. I have a cousin that lives in Jackson or Laverne.
  8. JohnnyBiker

Finally, I am going to have some time today to get to the Sporty and find out why I am getting that Jerking in third gear. First I am going to drain some gas off to see if I got some water in the tank.. then I guess go from there. :D
  9. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Riding in rain always sucks. We're lucky it doesn't rain here much....actually, hasn't rained yet this year. But if it does, the touring bikes with a big windshield let you keep going without getting wet. I have rain gear, but have not ever had to use it.
  10. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Cool ride JB and thanks for sharing...pictures are everything...gives life to the story, to the ride.

Sounds like you live in a great motorcycle riding part of the country....open roads.
  11. JohnnyBiker

Yes BI63, there are a lot of open roads in this area. I wish that that there were some better scenery pictures to take other that those of my wife.. LOL Once I get my bike back up and running I am thinking about doing it again.. :D
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

go to the local hardware store. get some "water paste". you smear a small amount on a stick and put it to the bottom of the tank. it changes color if water is present.........easing than draining. pretty cheap also. a tube will last a lifetime.
  13. JohnnyBiker

Hey Chucktx, this is just some awesome information you are giving out here. I think that I am going to get some and try this out. I have never heard of this stuff, :cool:
  14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if the auto parts store dont have it.....a truck stop will. all truckers keep a tube to check their fuel......so do all gas/diesel stations......
  15. alex the dog

MN is a beautiful green state with lots of lakes. Your wife is definitely gorgeous scenery, but how about some shots with both you guys standing by your bikes in front of one of those beautiful lakes.
  16. JohnnyBiker

Auhhh Shucks!!! Yeah she is alright! :cool: As far as the pictures goes it is a matter of getting the time to go out to one of them. I work every weekend so and she has her business during the week plus I work during the week. Sucks sometimes. :rant: But it will happen. ;)
  17. alex the dog

Badinfluence is right you know.....great rides and locations deserve to be shared with friends. I have a cheap little Canon camera that goes with me everywhere. But I don't have a cell phone. When I retired, I stomped on it.
  18. JohnnyBiker

Absolutely!!! :D

Hot Rider and I are going to go 2 up here in about an hour. We need to get that riding in, then after that we are going to go and have some cocktails. :cheers: