1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Paint/Clearcoat Repair

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Welder, Jan 25, 2009.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Naw Welder ya got it wrong! - The table is for puttin stuff back together.
    The painting is done on coat hangers so you can hang the parts up in the closet to dry; wouldn't do to have a rugrat bump into the wet paint. Course ya have to find a place to put the wifes clothes while yer doin this; so ya tell her that hanging the clothes out on the porch for a day or two will take the moldy smell off the clothes.:roflmao:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

didnt work out to bad....she fetched my beer and smokes..........:) but that was a few years back.......she helped me build my shop to keep that stuff outa the house.......gonna keep her!!!!
  3. Welder

Welder New Member

Sounds like you got a dandy there Chuck.

My better half is a real gem, but i ain't got the brass to pull off that kinda trick.

She will jump in and help with anything i ask of her, like helping to build our garage, fetchin a cold one, helpin wash the 2 wheeler and such.

Have a good one:D
  4. chucktx

did all that BEFORE i had a shop........not done anymore.....;)
  5. Mayor

Mayor New Member

I think always working on stuff on the dinning table is one reason my ex left...or maybe I left....Toni (my wife now) enjoys looking at a Harley Tank on the dinning room table...(better than flowers) Of course it is HER tank!!:rolleyes: :D
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Just goes to prove that - if ya got a good woman ya better hang on to her.
    Mine yelled a little when I did the deed - but now we both laugh at it and my kids have learned that nothing in marriage can't be worked out - if you want to.
    Course I wouldn't do anymore cause I have a shop set up for my bikes and the grandkids are learning how to wrench on bikes now. Ya gotta keep the flow going don't ya?:D
  7. chucktx

that is great........the proverbial passing of the wrench!!!
  8. Mayor

Mayor New Member

I have a shop that I keep mine and Toni`s bike in, but, really don`t want to get the bikes dirty so I still do most of my work in the living room or dinning room table....hehe (but true)