1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Part number help needed

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Hot01, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Hi guys, hopefully I can make sense here. I have a part that's obsolete, but I'm trying to figure out what it will actually fit. It's been revised several times (A,B,C, etc) and the new part number is totally different. The part number I have is 46482-07B, and it's in a chrome front end kit for a Fatboy. The kit is supposed to fit '07-later. A guy from Germany wants to buy the kit but wants to make sure it will fit his '13 Fatboy. I've looked up all the part numbers from the kit individually, and everything else fits, but I can't get any solid information on the lower fork sliders (46482-07B) because that part number is obsolete. The two PHD techs I spoke to said "it should", but that's not sure enough for me to send this to Germany and have it be wrong. Any ideas?
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Can't help you with that but try J&P...
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

JP isn't going to be of any help, thats an HD part number..

HD part numbers indicate the year as the last two digits that the part will fit at a minimum so those fit of course 07 and up.

This is a link to HD's part page for 2013 fatboy

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/lower-fork-sliders-pa-04-45500014--1

according to the fitment chart the new part number Part Number 45500014
    Fits '07-later FLS, FLSTC, FLSTN and '08-later FLSTF and FLSTFB models.

so if the old pn 46482-07B now is 45500014--1 it should be good...

Just call a local dealer make sure the pn's cross reference and the years it will fit to be sure....
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I ended up looking in parts books from '07 and '12, and the stock part number for each individual lower leg is the same for both years except for an "A" revision. Looking at the pictures, the only difference is in how the axle cap is attached. All the rest of the part numbers on everything that touches the lower legs is the same.

But hearing it from you, hotroadking, makes me more comfortable. :)
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Lots of times the change n alpha just signify a new supplier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk