1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pauljrdesigns

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Oct 27, 2010.

1. steveb

steveb Active Member

On the last show they were planning their wedding so I suppose by now they are married.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Last I understood they are engaged.
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

On the new show didn't they show his girlfriend or OL call and talk with Senior, and more than one time..

Know anytime people work together as much as they showed they did. There is going to be tension.

But I think Jr and Sr are real close to each other.:cool:

Think of the money they are makin too.........
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Those two have such different talents that they just stepped on each others feet. Sr always went and interrupted what Jr was trying to do. A lot of those arguments that they had was when Sr. would come out and jump down JR's throat asking where is this and where is that when that really wasn't what JR's function was. His job was to design and build the bike, kind of hard to get things done when you have a suffocating individual asking every 10 minutes what is going on and not liking the answer, even if was positive. As to someone's comment that they would ride one of their bikes because of how it gets done during the build, I guess I have heard worse things of how things get done to fix a bike on this forum. I can say when I tore my bike apart to change things, as I was putting it back together, there were things that I did not even dream about thinking about. I went back and got it done and it works great. Does everything always go as planned?

I remember an episode when they got close to done with a bike they discovered that they did not install a petcock. Shiiit happens, the impressive thing was that they were able to install that petcock without damaging the bike's paint. A problem arose, they adapted and everything was Good. I think it was Mike's Blues Brothers Bike, by the way Sr. was on fatboys ass the whole time and he was the one that ended up screwing the bike up because he did not send the right picture for the seat. Did he admit his mistake?
  5. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

Two things here. First--if we are to believe these "fights" are true and actually happened spontaneously--there are a lot of fathers who simply cannot let go. My Dad was a nervous Nellie and tried to destroy what he could not control. He was still writing me letters when I was in my 30s as if speaking to a teenager.

In that kind of toxic condition I did the same thing. I went off on my own (at the age of 17), never looked back and made sure his contact with my wife and I was minimal. Rather than odd, it's quite common for control freaks.

Two, there are many folks who believe that these outbursts are staged for the cameras. I came to believe that. The reason I quit watching this show was finding out that an entire seaon was billed as "Jr. vs Sr." How would the producers know that this would last for an entire season of filming? What if the guys reconcilied?

They advertised the show this way because they know in advance the fight is going to last.
  6. JohnnyBiker

Well, you have to remember that we see the film about three months after it has been taped. A new episode of Jr. vs Sr. was when it was Sturgis time, that show just aired in the middle of this month. I am not sure that they are calling it jr. vs sr. due the fighting, but maybe because Jr. went out and started his own shop? A competitor??

Someone had mentioned Vinny and his shop. Well, in case you did not know, he did have his own shop and it was with Cody, yep the little punk that was cheated out of a bike from Sr. I read a few Q&A's from his site and I got the impression that him and Jr. have been talking about going together in a shop for a long time, so when I saw that he was back on the show, I was not that surprised.

I forgot to say that the arguing that is going on now is much less loud from the traditional arguing, the arguing that is going on know is about money. A whopping 20% that Jr. owns in OCC that the old man wants back and is reluctant to sell back. Wouldn't you argue over 20% of that company regardless of you may think of it???? I would!! Also in case you didn't know, Sr, has been in trouble with the law before due to some questionable business practices so I guess I do not feel sorry for him.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well.... It is Tee Vee and it is entertainment as such....

I'll bet much is staged, but some it real fustration, some is dickheadedness but
    mostly it's for the money...

As long as you know it's simply entertainment, really its ok, rather watch Sr and Jr. fight
    than Whoopie and the girls storm off stage on whatever that stupid 4 girls talking about shidt they know nothing about show, or jersey girls or Island any of the reality shows

Now Ultimate Fighter, that's all real!
  8. JohnnyBiker

I do think that someis staged but not all. I do not even like to watch it all that much anymore, sometimes it is entertaining.