1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

PC 3 problem

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by Hdtractor1, Apr 25, 2008.

1. UltraHerbie

UltraHerbie New Member

OK I had the guy who instaled the Rainhart pipes, Power Commander, and SE air filter also go back and install the 02 sensors into the exhaust. The bike runnes a while lot better now. No more back firing or almost stalling out.
  2. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

I had the 02 sensors installed that came with PCIII and it still tried to stop running on my bike,back fired ran like crap.....I have over 3100 miles and still no problems with the V&H fuel-Pak and runs excellent...I sold the PCIII too got almost all my $$$ back...lol....My exhuast burns perfectly and no harm to motor...so all is well....love the pipes too and sound.
  3. rjbossman

rjbossman New Member

Right tool for the rightjob

I have installed nunerous P/C on 08 with no issues a little dyno time to make it right Find a good dyno shop ans you will have no problems
  4. steveb

steveb Active Member

Rjbossman , have you installed a pc3 on a '08 Ultra Classic with the throttle by wire ? If so did you have any problems or di it work ok ?
  5. rjbossman

rjbossman New Member

It was little different to set up at first but NO problems now
  6. Mkrusher

Mkrusher New Member

I run a pc111 ON MY 06 FATBOY STAGE 1 ECM Stage 1 Screamin Eagle Intake & Screamin Eagle 11 Exaust RUNS GREAT BUT I RUN AN 04 MAP For My SETUP
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I got tired of waitin on Thundermax so I did the 103 build on my 08 FLHt and called Jamie at Fuel Moto and got a PCV with auto tune retrofit and put it on my bike.
    Runs good.
  8. jarhed

jarhed New Member

I installed a PCIII this past December on my 08 Ultra and have had no problems. Went to F&S HD in Dayton OH to have it dynoed and spoke with the tech about all the problems with these units on 08 HDs..he said the same thing I've heard elsewhere...he's aware of no specific problems with the unit and any 08 HD. I left the stock headers, added a stage 1 a/c kit and Rinehart eagle beak slip ons...she runs like a scalded dog and sounds real good to boot. The dyno broke down before they could get to me but when they do get it done, I'll upload the final map.
  9. terry

terry New Member

riding a 08 softail std propipe bigsucker and pc3 you got to disconect 02 sensors get a dyno done and make sure they do a advanced tune other wise you may as well piss in to the wind had a fuel pak once that was pissing into the wind 4 sure .when you do get atune if it pops it aint tuned properly .
    Good Luck
    Terry
  10. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Cardboard....what is a PCV with Auto tune?
  11. cardboard

Stated in a previous post he should of called Jamie with Fuel Moto and gotten a Power Commander V with Auto Tune, in a Retrofit kit. Then the canned map can adjust itself.
    works great on my 08 FLHT.

Some folks are only interested in how much money they can save and does not want to git a good tuner.

I'm still waitin on the Thundermax for the TBW.:gah:
  12. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

the Thundermax has been scrapped...its not coming out for any 08's or up soon....lol...maybe in early 2011.
  13. cardboard

Hmmm they had a workin model about a month ago that they had been beta testing and were saying it was gonna be released in production in probaly August. I talked to them on the phone myself. I got the Indy shop where I took the TM class set up as a dealer and I'm on file since I took the class.
    I will call and talk to them if I can git time between work.

Till then I will run the Power Commander V with auto tune.:cool: