1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pictures of redo

Discussion in 'Projects' started by wvak47, Oct 28, 2010.

1. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Just got finished with the redo on this rascal. Went against using the softail fender for rear.

Added the sissybar back from original setup. Made bracket for license plate and the Cat's Eye. Tired of people trying to run me over from the rear now.

Raised tank, new paint. Bib is Duplicolor Bedliner. Worked really well for blending in with seat. Took the red off the rear wheel and restored a bunch of the painted chrome pieces from before.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Nice, looks very good.

Did you paint the solid back wheel or have it powder coated?
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice job
    leaves turning and falling look good too...
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Look's good ,I was wondering if you gave up here ,or on your bike , but from the look's of it you've been busy fixing & redoing it :cool:
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i like it!!!! good stance. nice lines also.....cool idea on the bib.........the black wheel looks much better! congrats!
  6. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Thanks everyone.

I haven't given up on BT. You guys are part of my friends and I don't give up on friends LOL. New job and no ISP @ home so I don't have as much time to be here. Sorry, I do miss everyone. Cowboy have you lost your mind buddy? ME give up on my Sporty. Man only God will take me off that piglet. Trying to get her some company in the stable though.

Wheel is painted. One of my goals (turned dream) for this year was to build a PC oven but that didn't quite come to pass. Still on the to do list. Changing jobs about 3 times this year kinda cut into $ for projects. Doing ok though, no one wanting to take my toys away.

I got lucky catching the leaves the way I did. Did add a little something to the pics I thought. WV may not have much in the lines of work or $ but she can sure be one pretty place to live once you figure out how to survive it's crappy government and economics. Lots of good roads to ride as well.

When I first got my bike and made the choice to start redoing (round 3 now I believe) I said NO Skulls, NO Flames. See that on every other bike you pass around here. So I went little red and black bobber. Son of a Gun if EVERYONE didn't go that way too. Bastages, but glad they did. Have gotten a lot of comments on the new do. Kinda funny people keep asking if I put on a new front, they don't pick up on the missing red in the rear LOL. I agree Chuck as does about EVERYONE that has seen my bike through it's stages that the Black Rear looks way better than the Red.

Anyway, you guys stay safe and keep the rubber side down.
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Nice lookin ride and something to be proud of.:)
  8. dolleyes

dolleyes New Member

Looks great. I like the color.
  9. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Thanks for the kind words folks. Sorry for the slow reply. Not working and internet isn't a common luxury for me anymore.

I prefer to use self made when at all possible so plate frame is nice I will work on making my own.

Thanks Sarge, I am kinda proud of her. Her life history is on here in one place or another. Atleast the part where I have owned her. Have taken her from a almost running repo to a reliable daily rider with a few of my touches to make her truly mine.

Color is a Duplicolor paint. Don't recall right off hand what it was called though. Sorry.

Sorry to say that paint scheme went the way of dumb@ss when I tooke the tank off full of gas and through a momentary lapse of smarts let it run across the tank. OOPS. I won't embarass her by posting current pics of her Dad's Angry Grill Paint coat now LOL. Project for the next change is taking the old truck hood from my first truck (wrecked now) and making a coffin tank for her. Don't know when I will get back but plan to document the making of this tank and put it and pics up in a how to post later.

Miss everyone but still alive and in the wind for now. God Bless
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

good to see ya posting again...........post up when ya can, stay safe and have fun!!!
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Nice redo, WVAK47. I don't care for skulls, flames, or maltese crosses, either. Way overdone. Like you said, now everybody will be copying you!