1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Planing for the 2010 season

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by sarge7, Dec 10, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I do my thing and the Ol does her thing .
    But if she thinks I'm going riding her thing changes to she wants to go with me riding.
    Riding comes 1st here.
    She will stop anything to go Ride man.
  2. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Pretty much the same here as with cardboard. We both have our own projects going and I will ride pretty much any time the temp is aove 18 degrees and dry. But when the weather is warmer, say around 40, and the bike rolls off the carport, she's right there with me - both together - and that's the way I like it. We're both looking forward to taking the Ultra down to the Smokies or somewhere like that.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The wife pretty much does not like riding in the rain or cold but when the weather is nice she is ready to jump on her bike and head out with me. She and the other women in the chapter are planning a all womens ride again this year up the Snake and into Montana. I'm ready for a long trip someplace.
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Plan it now and sit back and count the days until it's time to roll - in the meantime there's always the short hops on the spur of the moment - somtimes those trips turn out better than the ones that ya plan for mouths in advance.:rolleyes:
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got into a web site with all the rallies for 2010 - And I think I've come up with a plan.
    Leave NE Indiana and ride to Maggie Valley NC. for the Rally there -then head down to Panama City Fl. for Thunder on the Beach from there up to see First Lady and then the Natchez Trace with a stopover in Nashville for some country music and then back home.
    About 2000 miles round trip.
    Then money and health permitting STURGIS in Aug.
    And I still can't get the OL interested in ridin 2 up - she says she is going to follow behind with the cage. At least I'll have a rollin garage behind me if I run into trouble.
    No Daytona this year I guess.
  6. FLHTbiker

Maybe she would like to ride her own or even a trike. My wife took to her trike like a fish takes to water, never thought she would ever ride her own. :)
  7. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

sarge7, when's the Rally in Maggie Valley?
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

dmassey - April 23-25 for Maggie Valley,NC. - April 29 - to May 2 for Panama City,FL.

Check out some of the web sites and get even more info ie: www. LETS RIDE.com:)
  9. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

HLR....we are planning to go to Sturgis for our first trip ...have wanted to go for 40 years!!!! We were going with another couple gonna take the camper and trailer the bikes out....From Ohio....was told there is no Hotels to be had out there.....is that right?
  10. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Hdtractor
    Maybe in downtown Sturgis there are no rooms, but in the out laying areas there will be rooms, if you have the money. Sometimes we reserve a room about this time of year and sometimes we wait until just before we leave home. But we do always call ahead to make sure we have a place to stay. We usually stay in Rapid City. It’s about 30 miles from Sturgis. In the early 2000’s we stayed a few times in Custer, SD they have there on little rally going there. Every little place tries to make a few bucks during Rally week as it is Rally week in all the Black Hills not just Sturgis. The big popular campgrounds are close to Sturgis is where most of the concerts are and most of the really exotic stuff goes on. There are bikes of all kinds everywhere. The locals that don’t like the rally usually just leave town for that week so they don’t have to deal with it. The rest look forward to it.
    For your first time I would do a lot of research before going. Don’t get in a hurry to get anywhere and you’ll be fine.
    I usually look for a room on the internet. price can be from $89.00 to $200.00 plus.
    Check this site to start The 70th Anniversary Sturgis Rally 2010. Schedules, Lodging, Merchandise, 35,000+ Sturgis Rally pictures and more....
  11. FLHTbiker

There are a few camp grounds all over the place and some of them are really nice. Spearfish is a good place to camp. Motel/hotel rooms are really spendy.
  12. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Maggie Valley is about 100 miles give or take. That would be a neat trip. Hadn't been there since both of the kids were small and we took them to Tweetsie Railroad - Ghost Town in the Sky:).
  13. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Just added arnother stop (must do thing)- Will be going to Wheels of time Museum in Maggie Valley,NC
    Checked out their web site and fiquired if I don't get er done on this trip I might not have another chance.
    So far have had good luck getting set up for the ride, with a lot of flexibly built in for side trips.
    Also thought about stopping at Stone Mountain,Ga. to see the civil war diorama on the way down to Panama City,FL.
  14. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Wheels in Maggie is an excellent stop!! Every single bike he has in the Museum runs and he runs around starting them up and talking to every one. Was impressed!! Stone Mt is an excellent stop as well.....but towards evening to watch the light show on the mountain side is really neat. Another nice stop or short trip for all in Ohio- Indianna area is Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio off I-71 in August.
  15. cardboard

Guess I should consider myself a Lucky dude !

With my OL having 7 brothers, she likes to do Guy things.

That pretty much leaves me open to do whatever I want to .:rant:

And riding my Scoot is a Plus in her book.
    She sits on the back of the scoot and like gits Lost after sittin at a desk all the tiime doing Finnance work.

I pull in to git gas and ask are you O.K. back there ?

She will be lost.

Like takin somebody to the Thearpist or something.
  16. FLHTbiker

Cardboard, I understand and don't blame her. When the wife was working everyday all she wanted to do is climb on the back and like you said get lost. Now she rides her own and is really enjoying her Independence. Sometimes to much and with the sick pets we have right now if I want to do a road trip looks like I'll be going by myself. :(
  17. cardboard

My wife has her own 2009 Nightster she rides.

But if I ride she had rather ride with me.
    I ride a lot harder and faster than she wants to ride.

Man the clouds are gone and the sun is out.

Its going to about 60* today.

I'm going back out on the bike.
  18. firstlady

firstlady New Member

Mayor always told me he was going to trade me for two 20 year olds i quickly told him he was not wired for 2/20 year olds lol:roflmao:
  19. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao: that's a good one firstlady
  20. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

lol...thats funny!!!!!! 220 hurts way more than 100!!!!

Cardboard...u lucky dog...lol...its a snow storm here today with snow blowing and drifting......lol....winter is so beautiful to look at today...but the cold and no bike ride sucks!!!!!!