1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Planning A Trip

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, May 28, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Oh man, please :roflmao:
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

To you that's Old Redneck Man Please Sir ...............:gah:
  3. FLHTbiker

:roflmao: that will be the day :roflmao:
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Guns are cool. too much going on for us this summer, but already have some cash set aside for the following summer. I am open for almost anything.... Quads? Now we are talking!!:cool:
  5. JohnnyBiker

Well, Hot Rider and I have been talking about when we want to take our trip to Nevada and we seem to be leaning a little more towards mid to late spring. Not sure why, but it could be to try and beat the heat as much as we can. We have decided that we are going to make this a two week adventure. (I think that is a good amount of time :D).

What is the riding like in Colorado and other states in that direction like at that time of year? Are there a lot of roads that are blocked due to a lot snow?
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Trail Ridge Road and Independence Pass are generally the only roads that don't open until late May. Most of the other roads we keep snowed plowed until June.
  7. JohnnyBiker

Thanks DW......
  8. FLHTbiker

I would do your trip in June and even then you can hit bad weather and snow depending on your route or it could be nice all the way. Once in Nevada you should be good.
    Friend of mine came up from AZ in May of this year and had really terrible rain storms and cold weather in Nevada.