1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Plug Gap

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Fossilhog, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Fossilhog

Fossilhog New Member

Rev Tech 100 engine, just over 3500 miles I pulled the plugs to give a look. The spec sheet says the gap shoould be .040" but the plugs were set at .025". It just seems that the .040 is way too large, but I don't see any any difference in performance except at ilde where I get a few more "pops" then usual. Any thoughts?
  2. CD

CD Guest

Gap

.025 is pretty close for an electronic ignition as it should be closer to .040 or so.
    .023-.030 is point type ignition range. If you are getting more popping at idle, check the spark to make sure it is a good blue hot spark. If it is a weak, yellowish spark, you need to check wires, coil(s), module etc,
  3. Fossilhog

Fossilhog New Member

Thanks, will do! Like I said, it runs just fine off idle....